G Skill Phoenix Blade PCIex8 SSD

Associate
The xp951 is out now and is about 2x the speed of the xp941 but they are hard to find and it is unclear if they have a warranty as Samsung only sells them to OEM's.

Yer i saw that, was in need of a new drive now tho , shame ocuk arent getting any xp941 in but i was "flexable" and got 1 for 340quid :)

I have 2 pcs so will look at the 951 when/if they mature a bit

Associate
OP
Not sure but isn't it called SM951?

I looked into them, but even the XP941 is as rare as hen's teeth currently with only the odd retailer having them on OEM.

The new NVMe SSD's for PCIe & M.2 look promising, but so far G Skill has left a bad taste in my mouth, so will be waiting to see what happens before I invest any serious amount of money in this new SSD technology.

Lots of hot air being blown by many manufacturers, but so far, very little actual hardware available and the G Skill has been disappointing to say the least.

Soldato
Not sure but isn't it called SM951?

I looked into them, but even the XP941 is as rare as hen's teeth currently with only the odd retailer having them on OEM.

The new NVMe SSD's for PCIe & M.2 look promising, but so far G Skill has left a bad taste in my mouth, so will be waiting to see what happens before I invest any serious amount of money in this new SSD technology.

Lots of hot air being blown by many manufacturers, but so far, very little actual hardware available and the G Skill has been disappointing to say the least.
You are correct, it’s SM951. The Intel DC P3600 PCI-e SSD looks to be one of the best options at this time but £650 for a 400GB is expensive, hopefully the price per GB will drop soon.

Associate
Sorry for the delay in getting the Intel P3600 codes live. I have been getting details from Intel on them. I will also have some new ranges set up as well and will be adding the new models due out soon as well. I have some 400GB, 800GB and 1.2TB P3600 coming in by the end of this week.

Associate
OP
The other nice thing about the Intel is the 5 year warranty compared to everyone else's 3 year.

Though as you say, still a little pricey, and even the write speed seems slow compared to the read as even the XP941 is 950MB/s (72,0000 4k IOPS), but I guess they are meant for Data Centres so the read is key in that environment, just piping the theoretical read of the G Skill @ 2000 MB/s. Though the 4K Read IOPS are very impressive!

Specifications:
•Capacity: 400GB
•Sequential 4KB Read: 2100 MB/s
•Sequential 4KB Write: 550 MB/s
•Random 4KB Read: 320,000 IOPS
•Random 4KB Write: 30,000 IOPS.
•3 Drive writes per day

That last spec can't be right? 3 drive writes per day :confused:

Associate
The other nice thing about the Intel is the 5 year warranty compared to everyone else's 3 year.

Though as you say, still a little pricey, and even the write speed seems slow compared to the read as even the XP941 is 950MB/s (72,0000 4k IOPS), but I guess they are meant for Data Centres so the read is key in that environment, just piping the theoretical read of the G Skill @ 2000 MB/s. Though the 4K Read IOPS are very impressive!

That last spec can't be right? 3 drive writes per day :confused:

Presumably means 1.2TB per day (400GB = 1 drive, so 1200GB per day?)

Associate
The information is correct and comes from the Intel Website. You are looking at 2 million hours MTBF (mean time between failures) an endurance rating of 2.19 Petabytes on the 400GB drive. But it does say 3 drive writes/day.

I have updated all the modules with the PB details.

Back
Top Bottom