• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gainward bring you a 512MB 7800 GT for AGP!!!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Check out this beut!!

Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS SILENT 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-030-GW)
products_8945023.jpg

The new NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 graphics processing units (GPUs) represent a significant leap forward in 3D graphics design, delivering the unparalleled horsepower and revolutionary technologies you need to tear through the latest games. The GeForce 7800 GPUs deliver blazing frame rates and outstanding image quality — so you can experience full-throttle graphics performance. This is the worlds fast AGP card ever produced due to its 20 Pipeline Pixel processors and 512MB of GDDR3 memory.

- GeForce™ 7800 GT GPU running at 425MHz
- 512MB 1200MHz high speed GDDR3 memory
- Superscalar 20-Pipe GPU Architecture
- High-Speed DDR 256-bit Memory Interface
- Dual 400MHz RAMDACs

Arriving at OcUK warehouse 31st March 2006!!!

blue.gif

BUY NOW @ £239.95 +VAT (£282 Inc. VAT)!!!

Again this is a limited Edition - Gainward have produced 2500 for worldwide and the UK has been allocated 1000 units which of OcUK has 900. :D :D
This card is special because they are actually 7800 GT's with 20 active pipelines out of the box, plus you've got the 512MB of GDDR3 memory. This is truly the worlds quickest AGP card ever produced by miles and its Gainward and OcUK that have brought you this amazing product and deal.

Review of this product!!!

:)

OcUK Staff
OP
Delvis said:
...And Gt's dont exist on the Agp format, So the GS was released to compensate basically...Gs' are more than likely only Gt's with locked Pipes anyways?

Nope 7800 GS are a GS!

Gainward have taken 7800 GT PCI-E chips and bridged them down to AGP for this card. So it is actually a 7800 GT but to keep everybody at NVIDIA happy it has to be advertised as a 7800 GS, but its really a 7800 GT out of the box with 20 fully active working pipelines.

Reasoning for this is because Gainward were going to do another batch of the "Goes Like Hell" 7800 GT on PCI-E cards but as demand has died off due to 7900 coming out Gainward looked at OcUK's suggestions and agreed that AGP demand is still massive for a very powerful solution on AGP and hence this card has appeared. :)

Again its limited, we only have 900 units available and I suspect that a card is the quality and performance will sell well, because remember it has a silent cooling solution too. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
shrek2 said:
OCUK have 900 units???? Whatever

Yes we do!! :rolleyes:
400 Arriving end of this month and then a further 500 arriving approx 2 weeks later. Which leaves 100 units to other UK Resellers/Etailors.

shrek2 said:
If you believe that mans spin I feel sorry for you. He is a salesman afterall.
"We are da only retailer in da universe to have stock" :)
"nvidia never do pricedrops" :)

OK for proof email [email protected] who is in charge of Gainward UK and I am sure he will be more than happy to confirm the 900 units en-route to OcUK. :D :p

OcUK Staff
OP
easyrider said:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) £83.95 £83.95
MB-120-AS Asus A8N5X nForce4 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
£49.95 £49.95
GX-026-GW Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GT "Goes Like Hell" 512MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GWGFFX7647) (GX-026-GW) 1
£209.95 £209.95
Subtotal £343.85
VAT £61.62
Total £413.72

128 quid more over the agp 7800 gt gets you this ;)
You could use your existing ram and you have a mobo that will accomadate the next gen cards

after selling your socket a stuff the upgrade would cost you nothing ;)

Good stuff but you could save yourself a further £20 and have even better performance with the OcUK 7900 GT on offer. ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Sorry about my absence been in Hong Kong the past week. The Gainward cards are arriving tomorrow as long as nobody kidnapps the couriers. So ALL backorders will ship out tomorrow for delivery Thursday. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

To those who are looking to buy this card from overseas we can ship to the USA, Hong Kong, Australia and rest of Europe no problem as I know this card is unavailable outside the UK. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
ajgoodfellow said:
If the card is now unavailable outside of the UK does this mean that you'll be getting more in?

It's just that in your original post you mentioned that they had produced 2500 units worldwide and 1000 for the UK - can you now get hold of the extra 1500 units?

Yes were acting as a hub and shipping them out worldwide, a special deal we have done as were getting plenty of international orders for this card as OcUK I believe is the only site listing this product in the world. :)

P.S. Stock is on its way now, ETA to OcUK warehouse is 90 minutes which means it will be close if orders ship out tonight or not.......

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

These have all shipped out this morning as they arrived too late last night in our warehouse to have shipped yesterday.

OcUK Staff
OP
Vita said:
One more day to go I guess. Should have them air shipped to our doors lol. :D

They were more or less as this first shipment was sent on Express air to get here as quickly as possible. The remainder are shipping oversea and will be here over the weekend. We should not run out now for some time, but sales are stupidly high on this product as people are buying them from all around the globe. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Vita said:
Ah I see. Yeah, all about demand isn't it? And with OcUK going to get around 900 of these like you stated, going to have some money rolling in lol. Just curious on how many you recived yesterday? And how many are going to come over the weekend, mate's intrested in getting one for himself.

400 yesterday, which over 2/3 have already sold, mainly on pre-order. A further 500 arrives late next week with another possible 1500, but these will ship from a central hub if we need them.

OcUK Staff
OP
Lanz said:
Im tempted, but Gainward are almost certain to bring out a 7900GT version of this card on AGP sometime in the near future.

Doubtful, NVIDIA don't plan on any more cards faster than 7800 GS available on AGP. Gainward have just done this to help themselves remove some overstocks.

Also we now have the 6800 GS 512MB in stock as well, which is very quick, much quicker than a 6800 Ultra. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Lanz said:
I've had it from the horses mouth that Gainward are `looking into` (their words) a 7900 AGP card. I guess they wonna see how quick these cards shift first.

Could be a possibility as Gainward have bridge chips so could potentially bridge anything over to AGP. Only thing stopping them could be NVIDIA.

OcUK Staff
OP
knightengale said:
Would it be worth waiting for .. is there much difference in performance of the 7800 and 7900 ?

7900 is quicker, but not by a huge amount, plus the price would no doubt be over £300 Exc. VAT......

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Anybody who gets one and its not compatible with their PSU and they don't have the adapter. Contact OcUK with your order number and we shall post you an adapter out in the post for FREE. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Lanz said:
Normally you would get these cables with the card, you do with a lot of PCIe cards. Maybe Gibbo should add this detail on the advert, or just package the cable with every card without people even asking, as 80% of AGP users would need i i reckon.

Just spoke to Gainward and they confirm the adapter cables are including in the packaging. :)

P.S. Also rumoured 24 pipeline 7900 GT for AGP. :D Could be another OcUK exclusive as well. :) They shall hopefully be available possibly in a months time.

OcUK Staff
OP
Richdog said:
Wow if thats true it really sucks to have bought one of these 7800GTs for this price when the 7900GT outperforms it by a fairly wide margin and can't be THAT much mroe expensive surely?

Its a lot more expensive, AGP carries a huge premium as PCI-E is still the way forward.......

In order for Gainward to do this they have to use bridge chips and set of a new process run which takes up time and resources, all of which cost extra money and as Gainward are the only ones them and ourselves can use it to make good margins.

OcUK Staff
OP
Lanz said:
These 7900GTs using the same pcb/memory? It would be amazing if they stuffed some 1500mhz DDR3 on them, be like a true 7800GTX 512MB. They would be worth over £300 then.

But i guess if they keep them the same, you're looking at standard 7800GTX performance.

Its all unknown yet, speaking to Gainward they have not confirmed whether they are going to do this yet its just a possibility thats looking likely to go ahead.

It will most likely have 512MB of memory so would be a 7800 GTX 256MB performance type card as the memory speed won't be silly quick as that cost too much money, however is still looking to be an absolute minimum of £300 +VAT and could be even higher. I predict the product to come out end of April and be priced around £300 - £350 +VAT............

So the 7800 GS/GT will remain a good seller as its a good bit cheaper and performance is not vastly different. 7900 GT only offers approx 10% ish performance advantage.....

OcUK Staff
OP
illicit007 said:
I received a Bliss 7800GS AGP 512MG today.
I seated it in my AGP slot and attached my Sony monitor via the DVI cable. I booted the computer and it would not display anything. I changed the cable to the 2nd DVI socket and still nothing.
I replaced the Gainward Bliss with my old MSI 9800pro and booted and it worked fine. I tried the Gainward again and still no display.
I replaced my 9800pro and it booted fine. I reset the bios and left the cmos battery out for 10 minutes with the computer unplugged from the socket. I also removed any pci cards and rebooted but still no display when I replaced the Gainward Bliss AGP 512mb.
I am using a Seasonic S-12 600W PSU which has two PCI-E plugs. I have tried both of these plugs. I have tried the PCI-E to molex adaptor but that doesn't make a difference either.
The strange thing is when I attach my second Acer VGA monitor via the DVI-VGA adaptor at the same time the computer does boot to display, however there are video card faults, like artifacts on the screen. Looks like missing black squares and characters not displaying correctly. However it doesn't boot into windows.
My system specs are.
Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe Revision 2.0 (Latest Bios update)
CPU: Athlon XP 3200+ (Barton Core)
1 gig of ddr ram
Seasonic S-12 600W Powersupply.
Asus 19inch LCD.

I will be at my computer constantly over the next few days.

Simon.
[email protected]

Sounds faulty to me m8. But do to test it in another PC first. Upon it been faulty just call OcUK tech support and inform them your having no luck with getting it to post and that you have tried it in more than one machine. Get an RMA number, ship it back and ask for priority swap out authorised by Gibbo which should get the part turned around in 24 hours. Alternatively bring it back to our counter but you must book it in with tech as they cannot always test faulty hardware on the spot, especially if they are busy.

Back
Top Bottom