Games like Unreal Tournament?

Soldato
Many moons ago I played and thoroughly enjoyed Unreal Tournament in its various guises - both online and against the bots.

I’m feeling nostalgic and was wondering what games you think are like it?

Associate
UT99 and UT4 are still running. 99 is quite popular with several hundred players still playing most game types and dedicated Discord channels.

Associate
Honestly, nothing for me has ever come close to replicating the feeling of UT99 especially on a console BUT i did find myself playing a lot of the DOOM (2016) multiplayer when it came out, it reminded me a lot of Quake 3 in terms of general speed and movement so could be worth a look from a console perspective.

I still fire UT99 up and have a few matches against bots (facing worlds) It still has quite a healthy online community as well especially when considering the games age :)

Associate
Associate
Unreal tournament was the best! I still have my original large cardboard box version of it. First game I ever owned for PC. Instagib was great fun.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
UT99 has a good following for a reason, nothing came close to it with the team games, I agree with earlier posts though re Doom, only played online during the beta and it felt similar with a bit more of a leaning to Q3 Arena.

Gutted I don't really play with mouse and keyboard these days (desk work all day :rolleyes:) but I'd be tempted to have a dabble again if you could get the numbers together. Sure I've got my disc kicking around somewhere but suspect it's buttons on gog or the like now.

Man of Honour
We had an OcUK UT99 server back in what, 2006? It was totally rad and I pwned on my CRT.

:edit: funny thing was, it was considered "retro" even then :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: DHR
Back
Top Bottom