• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

games "pausing" for a second while playing

Associate
OP
gpu-z is showing my cards pci-bus as 3.0 x 16@ x8 1.1. is that right? all a bit baffling to me that stuff :D

just noticed that onboard graphics are enabled, could that cause an issue?

Soldato
gpu-z is showing my cards pci-bus as 3.0 x 16@ x8 1.1. is that right? all a bit baffling to me that stuff :D

just noticed that onboard graphics are enabled, could that cause an issue?

It should be x16. Try disabling on board graphics. To force process high priority, open task manager and right click on (game name).exe and go to priority and select high. It will be on normal.

Sorry, forgot it was SLI, x8 will be correct if running multi GPU.

Associate
I know this isn't likely to be your problem since your running at stock though I found I had very similar stuttering on my FX 8350 when I overclocked. While the overclocked appeared stable in Prime95 and could play games for hours (with stuttering) I found that increasing the CPU voltage slightly got rid of my stuttering. Interestingly my CPU did it at stock to and putting the voltage up one notch got rid of the freezing/stuttering every few seconds.

I know it is very unlikely to be your problem but just posted anyways in case anyone else had stuttering :)

Associate
OP
It should be x16. Try disabling on board graphics. To force process high priority, open task manager and right click on (game name).exe and go to priority and select high. It will be on normal.

Sorry, forgot it was SLI, x8 will be correct if running multi GPU.

thanks mate, will give it a go

I know this isn't likely to be your problem since your running at stock though I found I had very similar stuttering on my FX 8350 when I overclocked. While the overclocked appeared stable in Prime95 and could play games for hours (with stuttering) I found that increasing the CPU voltage slightly got rid of my stuttering. Interestingly my CPU did it at stock to and putting the voltage up one notch got rid of the freezing/stuttering every few seconds.

I know it is very unlikely to be your problem but just posted anyways in case anyone else had stuttering :)

thanks mate, will try the overclock so no doubt voltage will need to be increased

OP - For overclocking the CPU, this is the guide I followed and it is specific to the Gigabyte OC and OC-Force mobos. If you don't want to read it all you'll at least find some templates to try out. And yeah, if your CPU was sold at 4.6Ghz then I'm sure it can reach that.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1401976/the-gigabyte-z87-haswell-overclocking-oc-guide

nice one, thanks for that. will give this a whirl before playing something. may as well get the free performance like you say :)

thinking about when the hitching occurs it can be if doing a sharp turn in an FPS. am I just running games too high? wouldnt have thought BF4 would be a problem but could it be SLI causing it maybe?

Soldato
ok mate, will give that a go. Is disabling SLI good enough or do I literally need to remove the card?

I would physically remove one leaving in the 16x slot. SLI disable is probably enough but best to rule it out completely so SLI options dont even appear

Permabanned
What mouse are you using. I had a G5 and my games would pause and also while using using explorer,then I heard the mouse after a length of time would start playing up so I got a rat 3 . So it sorted my problem if all else fails for you.

Associate
OP
What mouse are you using. I had a G5 and my games would pause and also while using using explorer,then I heard the mouse after a length of time would start playing up so I got a rat 3 . So it sorted my problem if all else fails for you.

I've got a razer orochi, using it wired though

Associate
I used to get this in Bad Company 2 and its expansion. I found that cleaning the fan on the CPU and GPU fixed it for me. must have been overheating,. Don't know if it'll help but good luck!

Back
Top Bottom