Games that would make good Films/TV series

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Syndicate.

The original RoboCop 2 movie script that Paul Verhoeven was going to make was going to be called Corporate Wars. They didn't like the idea and dropped the original writers thus making the director walk away.. It reminded me of Syndicate and showed how short sighted the studio were. Would have been Interesting.

Last edited:
Soldato
The original RoboCop 2 movie script that Paul Verhoeven was going to make was going to be called Corporate Wars. They didn't like the idea and dropped the original writers thus making the director walk away.. It reminded me of Syndicate and showed how short sighted the studio were. Would have been Interesting.

Yeah someone is missing a trick, especially now that we are moving towards an AI and robotic future - been a long time coming but we are due a re-imaging of the not too distant future. I think the good thing is that it isn't too fleshed out, so you could be pretty creative with it and still get the core concept and story in there without issue. Maybe one day they will make it, or maybe one day I can ask AI to make the film. :p :D

Caporegime
Someone will try Syndicate again as a game, last one flopped though so it'll be a while.

Metro is a good shout, could be a cool series. I'd still like to see Assassins Creed done properly.

Soldato
I just looked up my idea to make sure it had not happened already.

Well it has not happened yet but is under way by Netflix :cry:

Gears Of War

Caporegime
Has there ever been a game / movie tie-in that was even a little bit better than absolutely dreadful? No coincidence that The Rock is in a load of them.

There have been plenty of average to good if you really like the games:
Silent Hill I liked, great atmosphere.
Resident Evil's vary but some are pretty fun
Tomb Raiders, the last one was ok and the first one with Jolie was ok.
Detective Pikachu is probably the best, that was really good.

Soldato
Has there ever been a game / movie tie-in that was even a little bit better than absolutely dreadful? No coincidence that The Rock is in a load of them.

The recent Mario movie was alright. So was Uncharted and Sonic IMO. Detective Pickachu was actually pretty good. So was Gran Turismo, though that’s more based around their game to real racer story than a “game” film.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re far from great but I’d say they were better than absolutely dreadful which I’d reserve for the likes of the 90’s Mario or Street Fighter movies.

Soldato
Skyrim would be the obvious one for me, but apparently Todd Howard has pretty much ruled this out, or at least says there are no plans. I guess they don't want anything which will interfere or compete with Elder Scrolls 6, but don't mind if TV takes over the Fallout franchise.

Back
Top Bottom