Gaming headset recommendations?

Soldato
So it looks like my Steelseries Arctis 1 headset is on the way out.

Any recommendations for a headset with good sized ear cups (is that the term?) and a decent microphone?
Also needs to use a 3.5mm connection (either split into headphones and microphone or includes a splitter).

I don't want to spend silly money as I only use them when gaming with friends or playing games where directional audio is important (I'm thinking under £100, but it really depends on how much over and what I get for that). That said I don't want them to be so cheap that they're no good or will fall apart in no time.
I'm also not a fan of the fake leather stuff that ends up flaking off, but it's not a deal breaker.

I quite liked the Arctis 1s. I like the floating headstrap thing but wasn't overly keen on the way the microphone retracted. They seemed comfy enough though. The model I have seems to have been replaced though and I'm not sure if the new ones are as good.

So yeah, would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Associate
I've just upgraded from a 4 year old pair of Arctis 7 wireless with Micro USB charging to a Nova 7 headset, massive difference in quality and battery life. The headset itself is lighter although the buttons take a bit of getting used to.

Last edited:
Soldato
Arctis pro wireless!

You get two batteries with them.

Pricey mind but are good .

Back
Top Bottom