Gaming Kickstarters

Soldato
40% of your cost is shipping, though. You'll be able to get it for £12 at retail, so I'm waiting.

Good for you. I believe that backing it and helping improve the game which is what these kickstarters are about, is better than waiting so I will back it at my £18 and improve the game for those that would rather wait.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good for you. I believe that backing it and helping improve the game which is what these kickstarters are about, is better than waiting so I will back it at my £18 and improve the game for those that would rather wait.

There are times I do back games even though shipping would make it more expensive for me than retail. This just isn't one of them. Unlike Psymonkee I felt slightly burned by Tiny Epic Defenders; it isn't terrible, there just wasn't as much of a game as in Kingdoms and the components also felt cheaper. I don't regret backing Galaxies, but I need to know if Almes is a one-hit wonder or he hit a dip before I back anything else he does.

Soldato
I have too many going already and will wait for the next Zombicide one.

I have Rum & Bones, Tiny Epic Galaxies, Exploding Kittens, Conan, Blood rage and Best Treehouse EVer

Associate
Dammit, backed Dragon Punch, thanks for the heads up Muz333. I'll probably back Devil's Run as well.

I'm awaiting Dungeon Saga, Battle Systems Fantasy card scenery, Conan, Deadzone Infestation, Open Combat, and already received Zombicide 3. KS is too addictive.

Soldato
I have a few to come. TEG, Entropy, Posthuman, Mare Nostrum (which may stay in the shrink a while if Muz brings his copy), Tokaido CE, the Historia expansion, Viceroy (finally finishes production this week) and all the Cthulhu Wars expansions. It sounds like a lot, but I did pay for Cthulhu Wars two years ago now.

Associate
Dammit, backed Dragon Punch, thanks for the heads up Muz333.

At £7 inclusive of delivery it's fairly low risk. Plus two player fillers are great for the train and pub.

I have a few to come. TEG, Entropy, Posthuman, Mare Nostrum (which may stay in the shrink a while if Muz brings his copy), Tokaido CE, the Historia expansion, Viceroy (finally finishes production this week) and all the Cthulhu Wars expansions. It sounds like a lot, but I did pay for Cthulhu Wars two years ago now.

I backed out of Entropy. The artwork is beautiful but I'm not sure if there is that much game to it. Will pick it up retail if it's any good.

I'm sure I'll take Mare Nostrum along after a test play in the flat. Would be embarrassing if I couldn't explain the rules properly!

Associate
I am waiting for Blood Rage and Dungeon Saga for myself, Conan for a friend and he has also asked me to back Blackout for him. I will be jumping on Zombicide: Black Plague unless something goes wrong this month :eek::p.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question.

I like the look of the couple of games but some are in £ (Devil's Run) and some are in $ (Rum & Bones, Dungeon Saga) it says ships anywhere in the world but does the backing amount include postage and is there likely to be customs on the top?

Soldato
Depends entirely on the company that's doing the kickstarter!

Cool Mini or Not have this down to a fine art - get backers, pay for shipping after kickstarter ends, shipped from China to EU/US/Aus and shipped from within the specific country and no customs.

Smaller companies/individuals may just have everything shipped to them in their location and mail out from there. Costs can vary wildly depending on all sorts of factors (size/cost of game is biggest) so you may just need to take a chance!

Back
Top Bottom