Gaming Laptop for WoW

Associate
Hi!

I'm looking for a gaming laptop that I will primarily use for World of Warcraft (Dragonflight), as well as the typical office use.

I have literally no idea what I should be looking for in terms of CPU, GPU, what are the best manufacturer's these days (if this even matters?).

My budget would be around £1,000-£1,200 ~ish. What would be the recommendations on that budget, and what sort of performance would it give me?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

Associate

There are cheaper options, but Lenovo to me is a super reliable laptop brand.

I would actually suggest going to 4070, but gotta stretch your budget, or find a lower build quality laptop but with higher spec components.

Associate
OP

There are cheaper options, but Lenovo to me is a super reliable laptop brand.

I would actually suggest going to 4070, but gotta stretch your budget, or find a lower build quality laptop but with higher spec components.

I'm also looking at this ASUS TUF. How would this compare with the Acer Nitro 16?

Soldato
You can run WoW on a potato, assuming you don't need the graphics up high, which are frankly underwhelming anyway.

Get something with an actual decent warranty, so when it breaks you don't have to pay a fortune to get it fixed.

Priorities should be display quality, as I assume you'll be using the screen on the laptop? Look to see what you can find that has the best screen you can get. I'd rather have a 1080p OLED 100Hz than a poor VA panel with 60% DCI-P3 coverage and 240Hz at 1440p.

Associate
You can run WoW on a potato, assuming you don't need the graphics up high, which are frankly underwhelming anyway.

Get something with an actual decent warranty, so when it breaks you don't have to pay a fortune to get it fixed.

Priorities should be display quality, as I assume you'll be using the screen on the laptop? Look to see what you can find that has the best screen you can get. I'd rather have a 1080p OLED 100Hz than a poor VA panel with 60% DCI-P3 coverage and 240Hz at 1440p.

I was reading that a 4060 just gets over 60fps consistently and 4070 closer to 90-100fps... no idea what the settings were. I've never played wow but did at least do a quick check to see what to recommend.

So it must be quite demanding at higher settings I gather.

Journey has made a great point about the display which I did forget about, as I was chasing price/performance only.

Associate
OP
A good screen and image quality would be my preference (16" screen size minimum), as long as I can still get good fps and a smooth gaming experience with reasonable graphics setting - although doesn't have to be maxed out by all means.

Are there better options in the £1.2k - 1.4k range for that?

Last edited:
Soldato
@Rikk82 if you want screen and image quality then the Lenovo LQQ and Acer Nitro are not the options to look at. Try the Strix here..

From this thread.

In this price, no real competition for the screen and build quality unless you want or need 2.8k.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
@Rikk82 if you want screen and image quality then the Lenovo LQQ and Acer Nitro are not the options to look at. Try the Strix here..

From this thread.

In this price, no real competition for the screen and build quality unless you want or need 2.8k.

I went for the Rog Strix G16 in the end. So far I’m really happy with the purchase. It does everything I need it to with ease, and looks great!

Back
Top Bottom