Gaming laptop

Associate
Hi All, ive been out of the PC gaming world for a long time and i have no idea about good hardware anymore and could do with advice as i want to get a new laptop for gaming, it hasn't got to be intense all new games at max settings but want it to have some future proofing.

I have a budget of £1200 + or - £100 and having a look around the web at the moment there are a lot of options but i am not sure whats good and what isn't and was possible to upgrade ram at a later date etc would also be good but not a deal breaker at all.

Thanks

Edit, i found this that seems to have good reviews and specs and would welcome your thoughts or suggestions:

MSI Laptop

Last edited:
Associate
Personally - the bay, find a nice refurbished Dell XPS. I went down this rabbit hole. Obviously something with a dedicated graphics card. I must point out I am a build quality snob too, the XPS ticks those boxes for me. I always found the MSI stuff a little "plasticated"... Just my 2p.

Soldato
My Lenovo Legion has been exceptional for a few years now. Built to last and I like their subtle design. OcUK had some great deals on them recently, but unfortunately it looks like you've missed the boat for now.

If you look around though, you will find some good ones within budget.

Associate
I don't think you'll find a better laptop for your money than the Lenovo legion series.
I spent ages looking and spec/performance wise they were miles ahead at the same price point as every other brand I could find .

Associate
Another vote for lenovo legion, I've been doing a ton of research as I'm also looking for a pretty capable laptop and every review ive come across, they seem to be very highly rated. I'm hopefully ordering mine very soon aswell. If you're on a budget, the Lenovo LOQ are pretty damn good aswell.

Associate
Yeah, a good channel if you just want to look at the thing and how he feels it looks
haha so true, very little depth in his videos these days.

I also vote for Legion, for the price they can't be beat. I review a ton of laptops and I am always impressed with how well legions perform for their price plus the 240hz 1600p screen they offer is great

Back
Top Bottom