Garmin Nuvi car mount + [phone model] Hard Case = uBer cheap awesome quality mount!

Man of Honour
OP
It's just a dashboard disc that came with my original Garmin satnav unit, you can buy them on ebay for less than a fiver. They just stick on as they have a sticky pad on the underside. Can be carefully removed later but I see no need to remove it as it is useful to keep there anyway if you don't like attaching suction cups to your windscreen and leaving marks.

Also, this guide is being featured in Popular Science Magazine USA in the next issue so be sure to check it out!

Soldato
It's just a dashboard disc that came with my original Garmin satnav unit, you can buy them on ebay for less than a fiver. They just stick on as they have a sticky pad on the underside. Can be carefully removed later but I see no need to remove it as it is useful to keep there anyway if you don't like attaching suction cups to your windscreen and leaving marks.!

Right, so it just offers a smooth surface on your dashboard that you can suction to rather than the windscreen?

My mount turned up today, just thinking about the best way of adapting this mod for the iPhone now. I've got a Rebel Capsule case on the phone, which very nearly snaps into the mount as is.

I reckon with a bit of heating the plastic could be persuaded to bend inwards meaning it should snap in/out as the original sat nav would have. :) Pics to follow.

Caporegime
htc_desire_diymount_case_noDIY_2.jpg

Wrinkly hand is wrinkly :p.

Soldato
Sorry to bump an old thread. Using your method i have just made myself a SGS2 cradle and also two cradles for the orange san Francisco for the family. Cheap and MUCH better quality than the rubbish bulky ones from ebay.

Thanks a lot

Soldato
Howdy mrk,

Regarding the sticky pads for the dash option am I right in thinking it's double sided sticky tape. Therefore not allowing you to remove the mount for easy storage?

Back
Top Bottom