Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
Yeah unfortunatly theres nowhere anywhere near (< 120 miles) that sell them, but the site I'll probably end up buying it from have a 30 day refund policy for people buying without trying. £300 though! Damn that's a bargain!

It was the going rate when I bought mine about 6 months back. Seems they've become more scarce and expensive in the UK for some reason.

There's one on eBay right now in amber (also looks awesome) for £550 but he has a best offer thing going, so you might be able to get it in the £400s if he's feeling generous.

Commissario
My 2 latest additions to my arsenal -

SM-57 -

20090702-9ag1yeqb5tnfg2n6tspc9qyeg.jpg

AKG D112 -

20090702-r3xddgnj2scnudiitpa8gxh1yc.jpg

Soldato
An AKG C414 on a snare? Are you mad? A condenser on a snare? Get out

are you kiddin'?

Best snare sound i've ever heard... just pad it -20. don't close mic, i used it on a bubinga snare, aimed at the shell... lovely!

as for condensers on a snare you have a lot to learn :) what about small diaphragm consensers...

Soldato
Yes I have a lot to learn...

i wasnt being nasty by that statement, but why did you instantly rule out the use of condensers on a snare, you just got to be careful with spl's thats all. Small diaphragm condensers are superb on snares, and large diaphragms can be just as good if not better just be careful not to damage them, just be really careful.

Man of Honour
i wasnt being nasty by that statement, but why did you instantly rule out the use of condensers on a snare, you just got to be careful with spl's thats all. Small diaphragm condensers are superb on snares, and large diaphragms can be just as good if not better just be careful not to damage them, just be really careful.

Neoni is right.
Condensors are the best mic because of the frequencies they pick up but you have to be gentle.
I personally wouldn't take condensors on the road because I'd kill them.

Commissario
Apologies, the only reason I'm "against" them is because whenever I've recorded snares, I've found the drummers hit too hard or are too clumsy and can hit the mic - wouldn't want that done to a condenser (blasphemy!)

I suppose it depends on the sound you're after - I prefer the 'harder hitting' sound personally.

Soldato
Brand new Vintage VRS100 for £150, feels amazing for the price and doesent sound too bad either ;) nest step thing to do is to add straplocks, and give it a set up so sohuld be even better than it is now :D

Gloss Black with a Cream Binding and Gold Wilkinson Hardware.

DSC03028.jpg

Associate
Brand new Vintage VRS100 for £150, feels amazing for the price and doesent sound too bad either ;) nest step thing to do is to add straplocks, and give it a set up so sohuld be even better than it is now :D

Gloss Black with a Cream Binding and Gold Wilkinson Hardware.

Got one exactly the same, already got straplocks alnico II's and sorted out bridge and tuners.

The neck on them is awesome, spent hours setting it up now feels so close to my buddys PRS. His face when I told him I'd only spent £370 (including my DIY stuff) or whatever it was on it!

Very impressed by Vintage they make quality stuff. My vintage is an awesome back-up guitar.

Oh and finally is yours massively heavy too because mine's about 12lbs! That's as heavy as my 'paul.

Soldato
Got one exactly the same, already got straplocks alnico II's and sorted out bridge and tuners.

The neck on them is awesome, spent hours setting it up now feels so close to my buddys PRS. His face when I told him I'd only spent £370 (including my DIY stuff) or whatever it was on it!

Very impressed by Vintage they make quality stuff. My vintage is an awesome back-up guitar.

Oh and finally is yours massively heavy too because mine's about 12lbs! That's as heavy as my 'paul.

Ill be adding straplocks once i have a nice strap i dont trust the one i currently have so only play it sat down, ill be giving it a proper set up soon and will probably change the nut for something better as it is cut really deep so the strings are very low and it has been giving me a few tuning issues.

IVe found that the neck isnt anything special on the lower frets but is really good the higher you get, i only gave it a quick 15 minute or so set-up when i put 10-46 guage strings on as there was a fair amount of buzzing on the low E string.

I will give it a weighing later when i get home but it definately feels heavier than my old strat, probably 2 pounds or so.

Associate
Ill be giving it a proper set up soon and will probably change the nut for something better as it is cut really deep so the strings are very low and it has been giving me a few tuning issues.

I will give it a weighing later when i get home but it definately feels heavier than my old strat, probably 2 pounds or so.

Yeah, the neck for me is perfect between the 7th and 15th frets. My nut was cut alright (oh dear :D) nut sauce (it's not getting better) sorted it out for me.

Anyways, enjoy you're new guitar.

Associate
Here's my latest purchase...

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

It's a Schecter C1 Classic. Love everything about it, can't stop playing it!

Next up is my new amp...

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01607.jpg

Bugera 6262 head with matching 4x12 cab. All valve, amazing tone, great value! Stonking amp :)

Here's the very small spacew it's all sat in, with of course; Marvel wallpaper :p

DSC01615-1.jpg

Commissario
My latest purchase! A cheap Lindo electro-acoustic purchased off the bay. £110 delivered and it sounds brilliant considering the price :)

20090805-dtuw3fbgq85fm5if87ag6n8hwh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom