• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gender changing for a 480

Associate
I was seriously considering a 480 but the ports are causing me a headache.

I currently have a main 120hz 1080p monitor with DVI-D and HDMI inputs and a 2nd 720p monitor running off HDMI.
The reference 480's today have 1 HDMI and 3 Display Port outputs.

So if I had the 2nd monitor running off the HDMI, could I have the main running off an DP with one of the following cables (cheaper the better) and still maintain 1080p at 120hz? Are there any alternatives apart from a new monitor?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/star...dp-to-dvi-2560x1600-black-dp2d-cb-068-sr.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/startech-6-ft-displayport-to-dvi-cable-m-m-dp2dvi2mm6-cb-051-sr.html

Soldato
AIB boards have been shown with DVI-D? just wait for one of those, run your main with the DVI and your extra one with HDMI?

also 720p? is that just for CS or something?

Caporegime
Came in expecting to hear you was going to be called Michelle and disappointed now :(

:p

The AIB cards have shown a DL-DVI connector, so just wait it out for one of those bud :)

Caporegime
As others said, custom boards, someone has already found overclocking noticeably increased with a better heatsink added though it wasn't specifically designed for it so likely not as good as it will get by any means. AIBs are apparently telling reviewers from 1.4-1.6Ghz speeds depending on the chip itself with custom cards. So you'll get better cooling, better speed and more output options. Some suggesting availability a couple of weeks from now so not a long time to wait.

Back
Top Bottom