Gigabyte AORUS FO32U2P Flat QD-OLED: 32" 4K 240Hz with DisplayPort 2.1, KVM

Soldato
I've not noticed it at all but again I'm no expert. Maybe I've just not been playing in dark scenes.

it's very common on loading screens and darker games. If you could report back once you've had some time with it would appreciate it. There will be some, but my DELL was awful so it went back, couldn't cope with it!

Associate
I've set it up today replaced my C2 42 inch, now I have more space on my desk.

I also haven't noticed any vvr flicker.

The only thing I don't like with the monitor so far is the speaker. I know most people won't use it but it is really bad.....

Soldato
Do people prefer this over the Asus PG32UCDM just for the 2.1 display port or is it overall a better monitor?

PG32UCDM has a very limited implementation of black frame insertion which should help with motion clarify at lower frame rates, and at some point it will get Dolby Vision, but otherwise there's no advantage. Based on reviews this one gets a little brighter than the ASUS one.

Any news if Dolby Vision will be supported?

No.

Soldato
I can say that the kvm works very well with this. Really no complaints so far other than the PD to my HP Zbook not working. I've yet to try it with a different laptop though so it could be the laptops fault.

Speaker is terrible but who uses their monitors speakers?

Associate
Do people prefer this over the Asus PG32UCDM just for the 2.1 display port or is it overall a better monitor?

The Asus also is going to get Dolby Vision soon, has the ability to toggle DSC (the gigabyte cannot as of now), and has the ability to clamp sRGB and has better default colours.

Man of Honour
I honestly don't get the hype for Dolby Vision in a gaming monitor. You have approximately 2-3 games with the tech, none of them recent, and all non-game DV content is better viewed from an actual TV of 42" or greater size.
Some people may want to connect games consoles too where DV is more widespread. Agree for a PC there’s very little support though

Back
Top Bottom