• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Turbo EOL and RMA's

Associate
Hi. I was one of the "Lucky" ones to get a GeForce RTX 3090 Turbo at MSRP last year. But that luck was undone when it just randomly stopped working. I bought it from a local distributor and send it back to have RMA'd. That was 29 April 2021. Im withing and waiting and the supplier said they had to send it back to gigabyte tw. This is so frustrating! is this normal for Gigabyte?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
very normal, for most manufacturers, for products over 28 days old. DOA (dead on arrival - manufacturer usually issues a credit) periods vary but nobody's period is more than a three months as far as I'm aware.

Associate
OP
Well, it was working sins December till the end of April. Just too frustrating that Gigabyte EOL this new product. I don't want credit as the 3090 is now costing x2. so im waithing

Associate
Considering how low are the stocks now, I'm not surprised.
Few manufacturers anticipate issues faster, like EVGA regarding the dying 3090's but, sadly, I'm not surprised.
Another thing to take into consideration now is how anything that isn't fixed in the UK is likely to suffer some delay, due to paperwork.
Just as an example, every now and them, when returning anything from Amazon EU, no issues. Now only UPS, few extra paperwork and ages to get the whole thing processed.
In your situation, I would wait, unless you manage to get a cheap replacement and hold for few months when next gen is coming out or the mining industry collapses.
Not sure if you qualify for a refund, but I would be tempered if you manage to get one of those deals on Overclokers like 3060ti or 3070.
The way things are, next gen is out by the time you get your card back. A refund would allow you to get something from a more effective manufacturer, like EVGA when next gen is out.
I wouldn't invest top money on 3000 series now.
Just downsized from a 3090 to a 3070 and will wait to see how things play.

Soldato
Considering how low are the stocks now, I'm not surprised.
Few manufacturers anticipate issues faster, like EVGA regarding the dying 3090's but, sadly, I'm not surprised.
Another thing to take into consideration now is how anything that isn't fixed in the UK is likely to suffer some delay, due to paperwork.
Just as an example, every now and them, when returning anything from Amazon EU, no issues. Now only UPS, few extra paperwork and ages to get the whole thing processed.
In your situation, I would wait, unless you manage to get a cheap replacement and hold for few months when next gen is coming out or the mining industry collapses.
Not sure if you qualify for a refund, but I would be tempered if you manage to get one of those deals on Overclokers like 3060ti or 3070.
The way things are, next gen is out by the time you get your card back. A refund would allow you to get something from a more effective manufacturer, like EVGA when next gen is out.
I wouldn't invest top money on 3000 series now.
Just downsized from a 3090 to a 3070 and will wait to see how things play.

RMA for Gigabyte is UK based.

Also the 3090 turbo is a blower card and was probably purchased for a work related system as that's who normally buys them so I doubt anything below a 3090 will help him. I know in my case the only card I can use for my work is dual 3090s.

He can thank Nvidia for the blower cards to go EOL as they banned AIBS making them as they ended up in servers and workstations, which clearly annoyed Nvidia and they wanted people with servers and workstations to buy their Quadro range the A6000 etc cards, that are not really called Quadros anymore as that's a dead name now for this range.

I think Gigabyte UK should be repairing the card or replacing it (op says it went to Taiwan, so hopefully gets it repaired or replaced), not like they can't get one from a retailer that still has them or a distributor, I know a few places that still have them in stock or for workstation builds.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes it's for work and yes I need a 3090 that can nvlink. I used 4 in one workstation in two nvlink pairs. Models need the ram and I would have jumped to A6000 but they were not available at that time. And now I am stuck

Back
Top Bottom