Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

Associate
The thing is, it's getting to the bios (although it's flickering, signal is there and lost) in windows completely gone.

To get thunderbolt working I think I read somewhere you have to update both thunderbolt and hdmi firmwares but to install hdmi firmware you have to have only igpu in your system. So I disabled 980ti as I didn't know there will be so many problems.

I had to restore my previous recovery point from recovery drive to be able to use nvidia again. Not sure what was that all about.

Have you updated firmware on yours?

Caporegime
OP
I did.

I left my gfx card in and ran from it during the update.

I installed intel GFX driver first (that what it says to do) then did the firmware update.

I had to restore my previous recovery point from recovery drive to be able to use nvidia again. Not sure what was that all about.

Sure you are back in windows with a GFX card fitted?

Associate
Stulid, what do the power management options do?

I've left them all off as the manual went well over my head for this

Also what score do you get from an xtu bench? Just want some comparisons

Last edited:
Associate
I did.

I left my gfx card in and ran from it during the update.

I installed intel GFX driver first (that what it says to do) then did the firmware update.

Sure you are back in windows with a GFX card fitted?

Yeah I'm back with 980ti card. I thought I had intel drivers installed (but maybe I haven't and this might be a reason). Now when I switch in bios to iGFX I dont see anything other than bios so can't go back to install (maybe connect monitor with DP, just need to get cable). Well it doesn't matter at the moment I guess, was just curious of the update thanks

Caporegime
OP
Yeah I'm back with 980ti card. I thought I had intel drivers installed (but maybe I haven't and this might be a reason). Now when I switch in bios to iGFX I dont see anything other than bios so can't go back to install (maybe connect monitor with DP, just need to get cable). Well it doesn't matter at the moment I guess, was just curious of the update thanks

it will be something to do with the intel driver, it doesnt need it to show BIOS, but as soon as window tries to load itself and its drivers, then thats where your problem is.

I suspect a reinstall would clear it all up.

Or load into windows in safemode? see if that works, then clean the drivers out then and try reinstalling them.

Caporegime
OP
Also what score do you get from an xtu bench? Just want some comparisons

Untitled_zpshd95n20c.png~original

Stock CPU speed, 3000MHz RAM.

Associate
it will be something to do with the intel driver, it doesnt need it to show BIOS, but as soon as window tries to load itself and its drivers, then thats where your problem is.

I suspect a reinstall would clear it all up.

Or load into windows in safemode? see if that works, then clean the drivers out then and try reinstalling them.

Did some more testing now when I got DP cable and borrowed monitor;]

It came out I had intel drivers installed, so this was ok.

DP signal no problems (single screen, extended, clone)
HDMI signal no problems (extended, clone), single screen option (while two screens connected) or if the only connected screen is HDMI...not working, no signal. Weird, if the only signal is to be through HDMI, than there is nothing. When two signals are to be sent out at the same time, HDMI is working.

So not sure. I reflashed HDMI firmware again, didn't change anything.

Caporegime
OP
Did some more testing now when I got DP cable and borrowed monitor;]

It came out I had intel drivers installed, so this was ok.

DP signal no problems (single screen, extended, clone)
HDMI signal no problems (extended, clone), single screen option (while two screens connected) or if the only connected screen is HDMI...not working, no signal. Weird, if the only signal is to be through HDMI, than there is nothing. When two signals are to be sent out at the same time, HDMI is working.

So not sure. I reflashed HDMI firmware again, didn't change anything.

What I do when things get messed up (either screwing around with settings or messing around with drivers etc) is to a total reinstall (I only have the OS/Drivers and a few games at anyone time so it doesnt take long to do).

Did you ever change the integrated GFX BIOS setting? if yes, set it back to what it was.

Associate
The thing is it was working and stopped after firmware flash. Found one similar post online but no one found the answer as well.
Thinking about getting M2 drive so maybe then reinstall and check it out again.

Bios gives only option to setup priority either igpu or pcie card, yes I changed it back and forth to be able to use PC.

Don
stulid, since we have the same board, would you mind running HWMonitor to compare with mine..

My voltages look a bit crazy imo..

P8bZPWT.png

Wondering if my PSU is on the way out, I've had problems with cold starts (had similar issues with old board)

Seems PSU related to me.

Corsair AX750

Back
Top Bottom