Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

Caporegime
OP
As long as you didnt mess with any of those C1e etc settings in the BIOS (basically most of the bottom options in the advanced frequency section) and windows own power management is still on say "balanced" mode and not "high performance" the speedstep will still work.

Caporegime
OP
I bought recently Corsair LED 3466 CL16, however the highest I can run them is 3000:/

XMP not starting at all, 3200 same. No luck with voltages as well. It's weird as my previous gskill were running at 3200 (with higher cpu voltages).

Tried latest bios and it didn't change anything:/

And your using the red slots? ive read that they tend to be better (on all Z170 boards the pair furthest away from the cpu not just this G7 board)

Caporegime
OP
Another thing that can send the Vcore over the set value is the Load Line Calibration, I remember that the max setting does send it over.

Did you set Vcore to 1.3 or Auto or Normal?

Caporegime
OP
Betas have the letters, then the "official" one with all the tweaks of that "group" gets just called F8, F7 etc.

So F8a,b,c,d,e,f,etc all goes to make up F8

Then if theres a F9a,b,c,d etc they will have more fixes and there should be a F9 after

then rinse+repeat.

Caporegime
OP
Are all of the fan headers on the board PWM or is it just the CPU header? I'm getting conflicting information and it's causing me a bit of a nightmare when it comes to trying to run 12 PWM fans. They're all currently running at full tilt with no fan control either in the bios or from Windows apps :(

Yeah they are all PWM.

Do you have the fan connectors on properly and not "one pin of" so they are only acting like a 3pin fan header.

And you are using the calibrate fan setting in SIV - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29519466&postcount=5

Back
Top Bottom