Golf Thread

Soldato
@SKILL you were 10-14 degrees out to in? Your club face must have been wide open to hit it reasonably straight which will kill your distance.

I almost can’t visualize that much in any direction

Just double checked and it's maybe slightly less, although I'm sure I've seen 14 but that was probably a bad one. My last range session was a week ago and for my 8 Iron it was an average of 8 degrees out-to-in, worst was 11.8 degrees. Although also all this data comes from a Garmin R10 so may not be the most accurate, but it's what I've got.

And yes, my face used to be wide open, looking back at my first session with the R10 it varied a bunch but the most with my irons was 9.8 degrees right/open relative to the path. In that recent range session from above it again varies but the bulk are between 2 degrees open to 2 degrees closed (to path). That's been the biggest change for distance, kinda obviously, just getting a much more efficient strike.

Soldato
Has anyone seen that guy who plays (what looks like) Sandown golf course, on YouTube (shorts).

He keeps trying to make 18 pars in a row, which is almost impossible for anyone who's not pro level. He claims to be a 12hc but swings like something more in the 20s..

I appreciate its for the clicks but it drives me nuts when I see it. Never gona do it.

Associate
Got out for twelve after work today following my little injury layoff. Bar a couple of bad ones, one on a tight par 4 where I never normally hit driver and another where standing over the ball I knew my position felt off, it was a stripe show with the driver :cool: Had a couple that got out to 225y and all the others were 200y+. Six of eight fairways found and all close to target line. Shame my irons were pish, bar one very nice 7i which I hit to just inside 3ft for birdy on the par 3 third, but you can't have everything :p Course still green and lush so not like I was getting crazy roll out. That sub 90 on the harder course is within reach if I can keep this up.

Soldato
Back from my lesson in Aberdeen..went really well!

very new-skool with the trackman, multiple cameras for front and rear swing capture..all at a very good price.

so was told to work on the issues and mabye go back for “the next stage” once i get into the groove of what he taught me.

My main issue, was my left foot / leg. I’m turning into the shot with my knee, rather than keeping the foot planted on the ground and turning, and going back rather than “around”, when you see the swing on the monitor, man, its crazy..

So this afternoon (weather permitting) I will be out in the next for an hour or two..and im starting my club on Monday coming!

Associate
Booked in for a 45min SAM putter lab fitting on Monday, should be interesting to get the insights on my current gamer and if it's the right one for me. Putting has been absolutely rank so far this year. Will see what the recommendations are and potentially book in for a dedicated putting lesson if need be

Soldato
I use a two-ball putter from Odyssey. Give that a look, awesome putter.

A few variations but all very similar.

Pfft, it's all about the blade! :p

Got a Wilson Infinite Windy City, beautiful, the poor mans Scotty Cameron Newport 2 :cry:

In random question of the day what glove do people use? I've used almost exclusively the Under Armour Medal glove but recently been taking it off more during the round/for chipping and putting but finding their splitting fairly quickly, maybe I just need to use a bigger size...

Last edited:
Soldato
I was getting mine stocked up from sports direct of all places.. srixon quality gloves at £4.99!

Hard to get them now but for practice I use cheap ones from the bay or what not. No point wasting good gloves!

Associate
In random question of the day what glove do people use? I've used almost exclusively the Under Armour Medal glove but recently been taking it off more during the round/for chipping and putting but finding their splitting fairly quickly, maybe I just need to use a bigger size...

Srixon Cabretta, pretty cheap online but the quality is excellent

Associate

Always seem to be on offer in store at around two for £16. Hard to beat at that price. Keep two in my stand bag and two in my cart bag.

Back
Top Bottom