Golf Thread

Soldato
Out for the monthly Society game today, played my 'joker' (the year long competition is 8 best scores + joker, you need to declare it before the round) and shock of shocks I scored 38 points. 4th game this year and 4th time scoring 38 points, consistency at least :p

And yet, my game is very much not consistent these days... Several no-score holes but then crazy stuff like the 2nd hole, nearest to the pin hole so par 3, 2 shots for me with my current handicap, hit a stunning 9 Iron to about 2 foot from the hole, made the birdie, so won nearest to the pin and got 5 points on one hole!!!

Second on the day, winner got 42, but still gonna be easily leading the competition so good times :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Another competition this weekend, Captain vs Vice Captain - 4 Ball Better Ball (Matchplay). Paired up with a familiar face, vs 2 single digit handicappers :eek:

We did well, I had a couple of blow up holes, so did he - we went 1-up on the 15th (short par 4), managed to stick a wedge to 2 feet from ~90 yards out, everyone else had picked up by that point. Lost the 16th, so went up the 17th all square. Partner lost his ball off the tee, so it was down to me - won that hole, so 1-up down the 18th (long par 5, 605 yards!). Partner played the wrong ball so out of contention, I just about managed to hold on for a par, winning 2&1 :D Happy with that, shot a gross 86 too. A good weekend of golf, including yet another round with @Maccy .

Soldato
Super Impressive again from Scottie - Just on another planet right now.... Untouchable.

Great runs from Aberg/Homa/Fleetwood etc.... Just can't touch Scottie.

Great Masters - love to see pro's really have to hit the perfect shot, otherwise it's a real struggle....

I mean winning Arnold Palmer, Players, Masters and second at Texas Open in last 4 starts is just crazy.

Bet some of the pro's are hoping he takes an extended paternity leave!!! :laugh:

Soldato
Our course CLOSED again - beyond ridiculous now. Mid April and can't play a round of golf. I know it's been a lot of rain but lack of investment in drainage etc is just stupid.

Commissario
Finally had a lesson yesterday, we've gone back to the overlapping grip and focussing on loading the left leg during the take away. Coupled with focussing on an in to out downswing, it took a lot of getting used to but by the end the majority of shots were straight and no fats/chunking which have been plaguing me recently!
Just got to apply that on the course now..

Soldato
Finally had a lesson yesterday, we've gone back to the overlapping grip and focussing on loading the left leg during the take away. Coupled with focussing on an in to out downswing, it took a lot of getting used to but by the end the majority of shots were straight and no fats/chunking which have been plaguing me recently!
Just got to apply that on the course now..
No pressure...

Soldato
sorry its not the best quality photo guys, but got a decent deal on the bay for the 923 Forged irons..my shaft, my length..

kY9tsU2.jpg

Also, my net setup comes "hopefully" Wednesday / Thursday, had to pay £15 surcharge because of my location in the UK! :mad:

Associate
Played on Sunday as a casual round with my buddies.

Started strong and kept it at 5 over after 9 holes, with 1 birdie on the front 9.

Then rifled my drive down the 10th, longest I've hit it down there for awhile, managed to birdie the par5 (10th hole).

11th hole, 180y par3 - Managed to birdie that too, so first time I've ever gone birdie birdie, totalling 3 birdies in a round!

Worst part is, didn't get to finish my round, had to leave after the 15th to take my kids to footy!
So ended up +7 after 15 holes, with a par 3 and 2x par4's left to finish, with the last playing a fairly easy parable/birdie hole too!

What could have been... :cry: (cry)

Soldato
sorry its not the best quality photo guys, but got a decent deal on the bay for the 923 Forged irons..my shaft, my length..

kY9tsU2.jpg

Also, my net setup comes "hopefully" Wednesday / Thursday, had to pay £15 surcharge because of my location in the UK! :mad:

nice Still very happy with my jpx 921 forged irons...

Soldato
nice Still very happy with my jpx 921 forged irons...

yeah, I love my D9s, but when I saw these in my spec I thought, DAMN I need those! :cry:

once my net is constructed (hopefully thursday/Friday, I will be comparing them head to head.

My only gripe was the packaging..nothing, I mean nothing...:eek:

He does accept returns and when I opened the box, I thought, christ im going to have to send these back due to condition, but after taking them out and examining them, they are in decent nick, how I have no idea!

Soldato
Update: phoned the company, they were excellent, got in touch with DHL and I no whave updated tracking on the website, due to be delivered tomorrow!!! :D

Man im pumped..

Soldato
yeah, I love my D9s, but when I saw these in my spec I thought, DAMN I need those! :cry:

once my net is constructed (hopefully thursday/Friday, I will be comparing them head to head.

My only gripe was the packaging..nothing, I mean nothing...:eek:

He does accept returns and when I opened the box, I thought, christ im going to have to send these back due to condition, but after taking them out and examining them, they are in decent nick, how I have no idea!

Wait... Another Iron set? I'm shocked to the very core... :cry:

Soldato
Time for a club regrip - not got one done before! Noticed that the grip on my 8 iron had started to split - I've still got the original grips on! Local place does same day turnaround, so dropping in at lunchtime to get them sorted. Any recommendations for a grip?

Associate
Time for a club regrip - not got one done before! Noticed that the grip on my 8 iron had started to split - I've still got the original grips on! Local place does same day turnaround, so dropping in at lunchtime to get them sorted. Any recommendations for a grip?
It's a personal thing, grips.

I've got the Lamkin Sonar+ with 3 wraps of tape on my irons and wedges. Still need to do my woods but I'll probably stick with the same.

Associate
Go in the shop with your glove and test a few out tbh.

I use a standard Lamkin cross line 360 but have a midsize on the driver to avoid flipping hands

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a personal thing, grips.

I've got the Lamkin Sonar+ with 3 wraps of tape on my irons and wedges. Still need to do my woods but I'll probably stick with the same.

How big are your hands? :eek:

Go in the shop with your glove and test a few out tbh.
Yep that's the plan, the fitting guy said he'd measure my hands and recommend a size. He has plenty of different ones in stock, so can see what I like.

Back
Top Bottom