Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
Samsung phones have come a LONG way since touchwiz, which will have been in place as far back as the P20... One UI is pretty great.
I have had a number of the A series phones every 2 years for the last 6 from work and I know they are the cheaper range, but just still not amazed.

Soldato
Looks like a very mild refresh.

If they've fixed the fundamentals that could be no bad thing.
I don't know much about the specs but is it right they're using old tech?

How does that compare with other android flagships? I was quite excited for getting a couple of 7 Pros and watches but not if it's all old naff stuff.

Soldato
I don't know much about the specs but is it right they're using old tech?

How does that compare with other android flagships? I was quite excited for getting a couple of 7 Pros and watches but not if it's all old naff stuff.
Google is doing the right thing in not chasing numbers but creating a good experience.

My pixel 6 pro has fast+buttery smooth performance , clean software and great camera's.

The SoC in the 7 will be better and so should the modem and fingerprint sensor. Can't ask for much more really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Google is doing the right thing in not chasing numbers but creating a good experience.

My pixel 6 pro has fast+buttery smooth performance , clean software and great camera's.

The SoC in the 7 will be better and so should the modem and fingerprint sensor. Can't ask for much more really.
I can appreciate that. All too easy to get caught up in shiny new things.

Will watch the launch event and see if it's enough to sway me.

Caporegime
Looks like the Pixel 7 might be the perfect size for me. Not too small, but not approaching phablet size. Are the dimensions confirmed anywhere yet? I know it says it has 6.3inch screen, which sounds almost perfect.

I had an S10e which i loved but after 3 years the battery life started to get awful so i picked up a mega cheap S20FE when Samsung were doing £200 cashback on broken phones. It is a good phone, but i find it just that little bit too large as i like to be able to control the phone one handed, and for it to not feel like i have a brick in my pocket.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
That's good if true, though I'd rather have the Buds Pro with the 7 Pro thanks. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Is anyone here with a 6/6 pro considering the upgrade?
No.
I got the 6 Pro on release day & used it until I got the galaxy S22 Ultra & haven't used it since.

I don't think Pixels are all that anymore. My S22 Ultra does way more & gets regular updates too.

I'll keep the 6 Pro but have no interest in the 7 Pro at all.

I'm sure every year with the new Google phone, there's this sense of "I'm not that fussed it's rather dull, probably not buying" and then when they do their announcement event it's "I've already preordered, delivery date is 1 day after release, wish it was quicker" etc :p

Soldato
No.
I got the 6 Pro on release day & used it until I got the galaxy S22 Ultra & haven't used it since.

I don't think Pixels are all that anymore. My S22 Ultra does way more & gets regular updates too.

I'll keep the 6 Pro but have no interest in the 7 Pro at all.

I echo opposite.

Ditched the S22U for the 6 Pro and wouldn't go back.

Back
Top Bottom