Greenlizard0 Premier League & FA Cup QF Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 17th March 2024]

Soldato
People actually watch / listen to the pundits? I turn on at kick off time, watch YT at half-time, then switch off at full time.

Soldato
There's just a lot of people with nothing better to do with their lives than look for wokeness they can get upset about *shrug*

Some of the commentators are garbage, most are OK, few are very good, and it's neither gender nor the level they played at that determines how good they are at talking over football matches.

Soldato
I think people are conflating presenter/pundit/commentator. I haven't seen any one be negative about female presenters (abdo,cates,logan,hunter etc), outside of the normal flack presenters get. If I was to hazard a guess why I would say it's because their personality is able to come through better than most male ones. Regarding female commentators, boils down to personal preference for me, I just prefer listening to a bloke describe what's going on (the 'excitement' sounds more forced with female commentators as an example imo). For pundits, 99% of them are crap, both sexes, but if you dare say the likes of Eni Aluko is garbage then certain folks will trot out the old 'youre an ist' etc. Take sky's the overlap, Jill Scott adds nothing and sticks out like a sore thumb, everyone knows why she's been added, but as per Aluko, say why and out come the white knights.

Back
Top Bottom