Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th - 22nd January 2024]

Caporegime
MOTM could’ve been Mecca, Bradley, Konate, Jota or Darwin tonight, all absolutely fantastic.

Edit: Best performance of the season for me, potential banana skin, rolled and smoked.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I would say that I hope that double from Nunez helps to calm him down and bit and give him more composure but then again on the other hand his chaotic nature and unpredictableness (word?) is his strength

Soldato
Exceptionally professional performance that, couple of worries with potential injuries. Var and Paul Teirney in particular need looking at - there isn't a more bias ref going.

Soldato
MOTM could’ve been Mecca, Bradley, Konate, Jota or Darwin tonight, all absolutely fantastic.

Edit: Best performance of the season for me, potential banana skin, rolled and smoked.
"banana skin"!? Bourmouth are a decent side.

Liverpool have showed some form to win this in that fashion.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Darwin has no composure in front of goal, seems like one of the easiest things to teach a player, just take your time, but he consistently fluffs open goals when his brain's involved. Great finish for his first goal today but the second epitomises him, his instincts took over and he somehow produced a finish that looked completely unnatural :o

Soldato
Darwin has no composure in front of goal, seems like one of the easiest things to teach a player, just take your time, but he consistently fluffs open goals when his brain's involved. Great finish for his first goal today but the second epitomises him, his instincts took over and he somehow produced a finish that looked completely unnatural :o
I agree either this and I also don't, take pens for example I think he's got a nigh on 100% success rate. For me it's more to do with a small window where he can over think things. He's still young and as long as he continues to improve as his overall game has this season then the sky's the limit for him. He'll never be as composed as Jota for example but he will score.

Soldato
He could be top scorer in the league and he still would. Hes just one of those players. Hes not easy on the eye like the best strikers which doesn't help.
I hope you mean in a footballing sense. Dont get me wrong he isnt the captain of handsome fc but he scrubs up well *Googles Nunez and fish*.

I know what you mean though and well long may it continue. I'll take the G/A every 87 minutes any day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fez
Soldato
I liken Nunez to Balotelli in the amount of chaos he brings to the pitch (only a calmer temperament) as if he hasn't a clue what he's going to do when he gets the ball how the hell can the opposition know, his finishing when he has time is on a par with Rooney, when Rooney had too much time he often struggled but off the cuff he was amazing (see goal against Newcastle when he was arguing with the ref, turned round smashed the ball into the top corner and then continued his argument with the ref), his value as an unknown quantity can't be underestimated as he's not crap so the opposition cannot just ignore him, law of averages suggest he's going to get one right every so often.

Don
Nunez is nothing like Balotelli. The latter was a talented player but lazy and disinterested 99% of the time. The only chaos Balotelli caused was when he was getting sent off. Nunez's work rate is up there with your Suarez's and Tevez's of this world but unlike them, he's also 6'2 and can run the 100m is 10 seconds - that level of work rate combined with his pace and power (his runs and movements around the box are 2nd to none too) make him every defenders nightmare.

In the Fulham League Cup game (Jones' goal) and the League game at Anfield (Endo's goal), Nunez contributed to 2 goals by doing little more than being on the pitch. Fulham were so scared of his pace that as soon as the ball has gone into him they've dropped so deep leaving us with free shots from the edge of the box. In both League games vs Newcastle you've seen Botman (who many say is a decent CB) literally **** himself in front of the world when the ball has been played behind him and he's ended up with Nunez chasing him down. Suarez used to force defenders into mistakes by just pressuring them every second of every game but as above, Nunez is doing it while being a lot bigger, stronger and quicker. He's rough around the edges and he'll miss chances but he's an absolute menace.

Associate
Nunez even splits our fanbase but it's blatantly obvious that we are a more dangerous team when he is on the pitch.

Defenders hate playing against him.

Soldato
Comparing Nunez to Balotelli is wild lol
More a very raw Zlatan type player imo bit certainly nothing like the waste of talent Balotelli was. If he gets the simpler side of things right he’ll be a proper beast. Hurts me to say it as a UTD fan but he’s just a joy to watch on a football field as you generally don’t know what the hell he’ll do or try. Yea you’ll get comedy gold on occasion but that’ll be outweighed by the number of goals and assists he’ll actually get. Must be minging for a defence to have to put up with him. A player with abundant skill and the ability to cause chaos and confusion to the opponents is a rare and wonderful sight. Shame he’s a sodding scouser though :( :p

Back
Top Bottom