Guys - What fragrance/aftershave/whatever do you wear?

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a decent spring/summer scent for daily use? Seeing as it's for the summer I want something crisp and fresh but that lasts. I tried Eau Sauvage a while ago and while I liked the scent it only lasted about 2-3 hours on my skin, I want something that's going to keep on going for at least 8 hours.

I was thinking Creed Green Irish Tweed. I tested it once and loved the scent but never ended up buying a bottle. Any other suggestions?

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a decent spring/summer scent for daily use? Seeing as it's for the summer I want something crisp and fresh but that lasts. I tried Eau Sauvage a while ago and while I liked the scent it only lasted about 2-3 hours on my skin, I want something that's going to keep on going for at least 8 hours.

I was thinking Creed Green Irish Tweed. I tested it once and loved the scent but never ended up buying a bottle. Any other suggestions?

Try Bleu de Chanel - it lasts for ages for me.

Nate

Associate
Tried that Hugo Boss The Scent , nice splash that will use that most days .

Also whoever posted the nose.fr link up for some Aventus Creed thank you , i've pulled the trigger should be here Tuesday :)

Man of Honour
I've narrowed my next fragrance down to either Creed Aventus or Creed Vetiver. I love both but I'd be quite interested in people who have also tried both and which they preferred? I've not been able to try them on at the same store so I'm having difficulty choosing a preferred one (Aventus is popular so their samples are usually empty).

Last edited:
Associate
I've narrowed my next fragrance down to either Creed Aventus or Creed Vetiver. I love both but I'd be quite interested in people who have also tried both and which they preferred? I've not been able to try them on at the same store so I'm having difficulty choosing a preferred one (Aventus is popular so their samples are usually empty).

Aventus, 100%. I have both and there is nothing quite like Aventus; Original Vetiver has been duplicated as Mugler Cologne (by Thierry Mugler). It's also received the most compliments by far out of anything I own or have ever owned.

Soldato

Aventus is the most popular choice and does smell good, but due to its own success its very common. Its also not as versatile as Original Vetiver as I find Aventus can be a bit over powering to wear daily.

I really like Original Vetiver, classy and understated, unlike Aventus which is shouty look at me smell. But Mugler Cologne cost a fiction of the price £20 for 100ml and smell 95% the same, it would be difficult for me to justify the cost of OV.

Last edited:
Don
Taylor of Old Bond St - Sandalwood Aftershave Gel :)

I really like it, so do the ladies! (and I'm told it still lasts until the evening if they get close enough) ;)

Soldato
Just got back from holiday, treated myself to a bottle of Sauvage as a summer scent to give me some variety from my usual splash of Diamonds.

I can't remember the name (might have been another Dior) but there was another fragrance I tried that smelled exactly the same as the rooms at a premier inn, uncanny!

Associate
Taylor of Old Bond St - Sandalwood Aftershave Gel :)

I really like it, so do the ladies! (and I'm told it still lasts until the evening if they get close enough) ;)

A similar response from me - I'm not one for expensive aftershaves and use Proraso aftershave lotion.

463.650.jpg

Back
Top Bottom