• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GV-N208TAORUSX WB-11GC Died....

Associate
Hi all

I don't usually post anything on forums but there is a first time for everything...including dying graphics cards.

So the story begins...On the 15 February 2019 I purchased from ** No competitors ** a 2080ti. I was aware of reports of dying 2080ti but I took the risk...

I received my card the same day as I drove all the way from London to Portsmouth to pick it up. A great drive and a happy occasion. No Traffic :)

The card I purchased was a GV-N208TAORUSX WB-11GC. Essentially 2080ti with a water block already stuck on by Aorus.

Same day I got home and plumbed this bad boy into my rig.

Right.... here is where I got worried but I don't give up that easy.

First time booted up. Got some artifacts on the boot screen straight away. I was like really..... so I restart the computer in the hope they would go away...and they did. At this point, I thought maybe just a glitch.

I installed the latest nividia drivers. I also got Anthem and BF5 free so I redeemed.. happy days.

I was monitoring temperatures closely as I have OCD with these thing. I was getting 31 degrees idle, but I remember I was getting 27 degrees on my 1080ti with a phanteks block. I thought the 2080ti is a more powerful card so that ok.

Fired up Anthem (good game). Maxed out setting and running 60 frames solid. Temperature after 2 hours of gaming 51 degrees.

So......since the 15 Feb I have been playing games may be on the weekends for 5 hours or so and weekends maybe 1 hour to 30mins.

The sad bit....Yesterday at 23:18 I was playing Anthem doing Heart of rage. Guns blazing etc etc..... temperatures were looking good. 2080ti : 47 degrees and CPU: 39 degrees. All of a sudden I saw little artifacts appear all over my screens like some evil virus was attacked. Before I could even utter a word on discord...both my screens went off.... I was like wtf.

I turn around to look at the rig in all her glory. Hard drives still running and pump all on. I tried to ctrl alt delete nothing. I have to reset. I did.....

Now when the computer started up I heard the single boots beep. I thought good. But I noticed nothing was on the screen, no boot logo nothing. I then heard the 4 beeps and took a look at my motherboard error led. The VGA light was on. The first thing in my mind was has my 2080ti died? Really? Me?

I did the usual cleared my cmos, re-seated my 2080ti and disconnected all power etc for 1 hour. Nothing...at this point I wanted to cross out any chance of something causing this. So I removed my 2080ti and put my GTX 680 in. The system booted up so fast and nice. At this point, I have two feeling. Happiness and sadness. I was happy that my old GTX 680 classified was alive but sad my 2080ti was confirmed died.

I put my trusted Aorus extreme 1080ti back and all good.

Now I have to contact ..... on Monday get my 2080ti sorted....

Now I will say that I have used ...... for previous orders and I have a Aoruis 1080ti which is still going strong. All good.

I never even overclocked my 2080ti or even benchmarked....

I may have got old stock.. but still the agro of a faulty card....

wCJHLqQ

I just want to say directly to Nivida.

The 2080ti failures are creating a bad atmosphere for nividia. I'm certain your internal engineering department are aware of why these failures are occurring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
opps another one bites the dust, RMA and hope the next one lasts longer. one thing is for sure, the resale value of the RTX 2080ti isn't going to be good, everyone will be scared of failure at any moment.

Soldato
Yeah you won't be the last tbh, I'd get a refund and stick with the 1080ti it's a bloody good card and they don't fail.

I'd skip this RTX gen and hope it works out better next time, plus not like many games use it

Soldato
opps another one bites the dust, RMA and hope the next one lasts longer. one thing is for sure, the resale value of the RTX 2080ti isn't going to be good, everyone will be scared of failure at any moment.
They all seem to fail within a month or so of being installed.

If your 2080 series makes it to a year or 2 old, I think they'll be as safe as any other GPU.

Back
Top Bottom