Halford professional socket sets

Associate
So my Halfords Professional Socket Set is about 20 years old now. Unfortunately I lost my 13mm 1/4" inch drive socket 2 weeks ago. Halfords cannot now supply a replacement to buy (only a black one). However searching the internet it has become apparrent that Halfords now sell Halfords Advanced sockets in lieu of the Professional make, (I beleive these Advanced are inferior to the Professional types), is this true. In addition, does anybody know where I can buy a Halfords Pro 13mm 1/4 inch drive socket to complete my set
Whether it's advanced or professional the key thing is the lifetime warranty and replacements with no questions asked. Their quality is good and good value, it's the replacement policy that makes them stand out.
As for the missing socket - the popular auction site is where I usually go for odd bits.

Soldato
Its about 330 quid 8 years later(after a quick search) Great example of recent price rises :p
The post above the one you quoted says it was £150 on a half price sale, so £300. Halfords tools are on sale so frequently unless you require something urgently you might as well wait for the next sale. Easter might be a good time to see if any offers are on and get a real price comparison.

Last edited:
Soldato
I rate the Halfords advanced tool tray sets. I don't bother with 3/8 tools, I never have for some reason. Nearly all of my stuff is 1/2 inch and I've a smaller amount of 1/4 inch stuff for smaller jobs.

Back
Top Bottom