Hard or soft

Soldato
Also, for me, a hard-line setup has to look absolutely **** on perfect with efficient minimal runs, dead on bends etc, or it is not going to look decent. That's just me.

Yeah as I said in my post above if the tubing doesn't run exactly parallel or in line with eachother, bends not matching ect it would bug to no end. Its not very often you see a hard tube system done perfectly. Annoyingly I'm always drawn to the imperfections :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I think im pretty decent at doing hardline bends. But on the odd time its not been straight or matched the other bends, the tube gets put in the bin and i start again.

Ill try get a good picture of my rig when i get home

Soldato
Also, for me, a hard-line setup has to look absolutely **** on perfect with efficient minimal runs, dead on bends etc, or it is not going to look decent. That's just me.

I get this, it's difficult to not let "the best" get in the way of "good enough". In saying this though, I'm guilty of it myself with not being happy with certain tube runs and having to redo them (spot what I mean in the image below).

embed

What I wish I had known about hard tubing before was to get a miniature table saw or equivalent for cutting the ends of the tubes square, using a hacksaw never produced good ends. I've spent too much time sanding them down square then reaming a chamfer on them. Using copper tubing for a previous build was actually easier.

Back
Top Bottom