Has the age of overclocking and chasing numbers ended?

Associate
You can write modded bio's? That's impressive.
There are many tools that take the work out of it... its more just test, adjust, rinse and repeat but its good fun.... 70% and 66% performance boosts (FPS) in recent Radeon cards... while staying under the PCIE 75W limit.

Associate
There are many tools that take the work out of it... its more just test, adjust, rinse and repeat but its good fun.... 70% and 66% performance boosts (FPS) in recent Radeon cards... while staying under the PCIE 75W limit.
Sounds really cool. But it's beyond me.

Soldato
The only thing you can OC are RAM and VRAM.

GPU maybe 2-3%. CPU OC almost no point.

Undervolting seems to be the game in town. Efficiency and less demand on cooling as well as longevity of parts.

True OC is reserved to the liquid nitrogen scene tbh

Last edited:
Associate
The only thing you can OC are RAM and VRAM.

GPU maybe 2-3%. CPU OC almost no point.

Undervolting seems to be the game in town. Efficiency and less demand on cooling as well as longevity of parts.

True OC is reserved to the liquid nitrogen scene tbh

Ummm did you read my post? I've had 66% and 70% FPS improvements but if you mean latest AMD and Nvidia cards then yeah, gains are less but 2-3% is understating it.. moire like 5-10%

Sounds really cool. But it's beyond me.

What card have you got - if its something I can BIOS mod I'd be happy to help

Associate
The mighty GT1030! Even has blazing fast Gddr5!
I liked mine, quite OCable but BIOS mod impossible as nobody has bypassed security and made BIOS editors for Pascal and newer Nvidia cards.

I love Kepler modding and AMD GCN1/2 cards easy too

My server runs a i5-8400 undervolt and multicore enhanced. Got to be done. Geeks optimize, it's what we do!

Associate
I liked mine, quite OCable but BIOS mod impossible as nobody has bypassed security and made BIOS editors for Pascal and newer Nvidia cards.

My server runs a i5-8400 undervolt and multicore enhanced. Got to be done. Geeks optimize, it's what we do!
Yeah it does OC quite well surprisingly! I think I put +400 core and + 400 memory and it ran great. Had about 65Gb/S for bandwidth up from default 48 ish. I only use it for emulation or old games. It runs 120hz np on my TV as well. It's quite the little thing. It's an EVGA full shroud version.

Associate

I have an XFX HD4830 if you want it. I'm trying to clear out clutter,so I'd be happy for you to have it.I also have a small tub full of DDR 2 and 3 memory sticks,almost all laptop. I even have some old Intel CPU's and some other things, I'd have to take a look.

Last edited:
Associate
I have an XFX HD4830 if you want it. I'm trying to clear out clutter,so I'd be happy for you to have it.I also have a small tub full of DDR 2 and 3 memory sticks,almost all laptop. I even have some old Intel CPU's and some other things, I'd have to take a look.

I missed a notification for this post but some old Intel CPUs sounds interesting. I do some BIOS hacking there like getting S1151 v2 CPUs working on S1151 v1 boards so depends what you have (how interested/excited I get!)

Back
Top Bottom