Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
OP
Only thing that puts me off is that dead pixel policy... I saw somewhere that Hazro may actually change this policy with next OCUK shipment - is that true?

The published pixel policy is putting buyers off [we understand why] and this will definitely change but probably not for the immediate next shipment [everything is set to go in the next day or so]. However, we can pretty much guarantee your panel won't be any different to other purchasers in this thread [its all the same lot]. As I mentioned previously, we take into consideration buyers concerns and would never put a panel on the market with MURA defects. It maybe worth asking OCUK to inspect a panel beforehand or maybe pop into their store [if they allow any of these].

Associate
OP
the above is correct: whilst we haven't formally agreed to an 'exclusivity' deal with OCUK, we are forwarding all UK requests to OCUK. We are accepting orders from International customers only at this point.

Associate
OP
Received The 30" this afternoon. Arrived damaged

For metal to end up 'crumpled' as it is means it must have taken a very serious bash. Users who've purchased one would have seen how well encapsulated the monitor is in its polystyrene end caps [which are lined with softer stratocell]. A simple fall wouldn't have caused that damage: its clear its been dropped from a considerable height or something very heavy [a pallet perhaps] has collapsed on the monitor.

Associate
OP
So does this mean I will be able to buy one directly from Hazro even if I am based in the uk? I really do want the led/glossy version tbh.

The LED/glossy version will not be ready [despite our efforts] this year. All graphics cards with DP outputs are fine but some converters/cables aren't 'responding' the way they should - We may have to launch that model and market it as 'soley for use with graphics cards with DP outputs'. More to follow

You can buy the HZ30Wi-Q and the 27s from our website direct [whether your based in the UK or not]. Its ONLY the HZ30Wi we're forwarding customers to the OCUK site.

Associate
OP
Hello Hazro,
I was wondering what panels are u using on your newest 27'' screens?

could you tell us if you are preparing any discounts for all of your monitors before Christmas?

We don't publicly disclose part numbers or share info on panels used.

I'm not sure if OCUK have any plans for a promo: Gibbo would be the best person to answer that. Our prices for European customers won't change this year.

The 27" CCFL [HZ27Wb] will be launched in very small quantities this year [<100 sets]. The price is expected to be <£500 [inc. VAT and delivered].

Associate
OP
Mr hazro - can we see those photos of 27" side-by-side?

Sorry: don't have any images yet of the HZ27Wa and HZ27Wb side-by-side: will try to get something posted this week.

What I have done is take quick images to show the HZ27Wb in comparison to the HZ30Wi. The 16:10 > 16:9 size difference is considerable - both monitors are shown in maximum elevation.

The HZ27Wb borders are not as thick as they appear: our website will be updated soon to show these products 'professionally'.

ocukforum2.png

ocukforum1.png

Associate
OP
Hi folks

Just wanted to post an update on the 30inch and 27inch displays.

OCUK will take delivery of a small batch of the HZ30Wi's in approx 2 weeks or so. They may accept pre-orders.

The HZ30Wi-Qs will, most likely, be sold via our new site which is under development. Again, the lead time is around 2 weeks.

We cannot promote the 27s at all via these forums so any questions on these should be emailed in.

Apologies for the absence: more back orders to fulfill so I end up on the production line!!

Associate
OP
hmmm, so OCUK will not be selling Hazro monitors soon, you'll be selling them direct?

OCUK will continue selling the HZ30Wi in the UK only. Infact, they have a batch going out very soon. We will sell other models directly and take orders from European customers.

Associate
OP
Hi folks,

I want to apologize for the lack of updates/posts but here's a quick update on the 30inch and 27inch monitors:

We've been swamped with custom orders and admittedly, have failed some resellers in delivering consumer versions of these monitors on time [mods in the form of scalers, custom cooling, modified enclosures etc. are time consuming]. We have a backlog which will take approx 2 weeks to clear.

We've had numerous emails asking for launch dates/pricing etc. on the 27inch LED [HZ27Wa] and CCFL [HZ27Wb] monitors. As part of our agreement with OCUK, there's only so much we can say about the 27s on this forum:

HZ27Wb [CCFL]: Priced at around £500 inc. VAT [or thereabouts], we will be taking orders in 2 weeks and delivering before the end of the month and 1st week of march. No changes made to the product reviewed by TFTCentral.

HZ27Wa [LED]: Undergone several revisions and aesthetically, is 'very different' from what we originally planned [e.g. plastic enclosure]. Price/review/specs/images will be available before the end of this month [I can say this for definite]. I will also add that the price will make the wait worthwhile. The monitor will be available in 2 suffixes: one ft. DVI only and the other ft. DVI + HDMI + SPDIF + Component + VGA. The panel on both versions will be the same [LED IPS WQHD Glossy].

The HZ30Wi-Q will be available at the same time as the HZ27Wb - price yet to be finalized [but expect to pay just over £800 inc. VAT].

We will keep up with this thread more regularly now so please post any questions you may have. Once again, sincere apologies for the lack of updates.

Associate
OP
We appreciate the interest. For specific questions on the 27" monitors, please email them in via the contact form on our site. We're happy to answer questions on the HZ30Wi and HZ30Wi-Q here.

Associate
OP
Hi will 2 5870s 1GB be enough to run games on a HZ30Wi or will there be problems.

In terms of getting an image, there shouldn't be any problems. As to how well/fast these cards render images has more to do with specs of the computer than the monitor itself. If your question is in reference to input lag etc., please refer to the review on TFTCentral which covers this point.

Associate
OP
"HZ27Wa [LED]: i was relying on this monitor having Displayport.

Some devices come equipped with DP only and converter cables would be needed. This is an added expense. However, from an end user perspective, connecting via DP, HDMI or DP would make no difference to image quality.

"HZ27Wa [LED]:
Do you at least know if it will work using a 15m displayport cable equipped with a DisplayPort to DVI Video Converter plug (such as the Startech one)?

We will have all this tested by early next week. May I know which graphics card your using?

Associate
OP
What is this Dead Pixle Poilcy thing with Hazro why are people put of by it. Is it they won't fix the problem if something happens are OC the same if you buy from them.

The pixel policy was a combination of us being cautious as well as a misprint. Luckily, not a SINGLE monitor has been reported for pixel defects which is why we will definitely revise it to the ISO-13406-2 when the next batch of instruction manuals are printed. We are happy for current owners to report their experiences of pixel defects [if any] publicly on this forum.

Associate
OP
one other thing: If Hazro go under what happens to all of us that have (will have) their monitors that are still under warranty?
If a monitor I bought fails after 6 months but then Hazro have gone bust does that mean I'm screwed?
The launch of the 30s went well and we're looking to build on this - with several new models on their way, we have no plans on going bust. We're here to stay.

Back
Top Bottom