Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
Hi guys sorry for the late reply, I just put my monitor on the desk and have had a fiddle

I'm a lucky one I think because I only have 1 dead pixel in the very bottom left hand corner barely notice it and only on a white screen

i have checked all over the monitor and its pretty much bang on. I assume I have just been lucky as lots of you hve problems but this screen is pretty mint!

Soldato
Hi guys sorry for the late reply, I just put my monitor on the desk and have had a fiddle

I'm a lucky one I think because I only have 1 dead pixel in the very bottom left hand corner barely notice it and only on a white screen

i have checked all over the monitor and its pretty much bang on. I assume I have just been lucky as lots of you hve problems but this screen is pretty mint!

To be fair in comparison to other people's Hazro's I consider myself one of the lucky ones as well. My screen is 99.8 perfect. I just want a 100% perfect screen and if you can take the glass out I will be able to achieve perfection.

Associate
Hi, well I'm more than happy with my monitor :D

One green pixel that is noticable on a white background and thats all really. I'll look at running some software that may resolve it at some point but it's not really bothering me.

Fantastic picture quality, really am chuffed to bits with it. Feel real sorry for those that have issues with thier monitors as this is a great monitor, hope OCUK and Hazro sort you guys and the issues out soon.

My only concern is the almost pathetic flimsy stand, £430 monitor balanced on a 50 pence stand!

Anyone got any suggestions for replacement stands?

Associate
I'm fairly happy with mine as well.

I have some dead or stuck pixels on mine, well at least I think that's what they are though i'm not an expert on this.

I`m just glad that they are around edges of the screen and not noticeable and not on the most used areas of the screen like the middle of the screen etc.

Associate
Word of warning

To those thinking of removing the glass panel to try to remove dust particals from the inside. Don't do it. Don't even think of doing it!

I haven't done it with this monitor, but I did do it with a scanner a few years back.
Big mistake.
Try it and you will only make things worse.

It doesn't matter how good/clean you think you will be.
These are put together in a clean room for a reason.

Soldato
Removing the glass is not advised but it can be done with perseverance and patience. Without access to a clean room, the results may not be satisfactory.

On some units, the glass is bonded with adhesive - on others, 3M double sided adhesive tape is used which requires a heat gun to soften the adhesion. Our engineers have scalpels which fit in between the cavity between the trim and the glass. Starting at the bottom, the scalpel makes it way around the glass behind the black borders. The glass itself is lifted with suction cups which are not entirely necessary. Removal takes around 10minutes but without the right equipment, it can take considerably longer.

The glass is fairly durable but should it break, replacements are available. We also have different colored trims: gold, white, black, red, pink. Infact, any color is possible and we're looking to offer this as an option in the near future [once these models have matured in the market].

Thanks for the info. Nice to know your offering replacement glass as well, plus a nice touch with the different coloured trim.

Now I know what I'm up against (I thought the adhesive would not be that strong) I might give it a go when I have some spare time.

:)

Associate
Anyone care to put some monitor footage on Youtube? Not just of the issues but also how the monitor looks from different angles and distances, ideally with something beside it we can use to gauge size.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Is there any reason why the glass just couldn't be left off?
This was our initial plan and we were set to go without the glass front with all packaging complete. Adding the ASAHI glass as a sample just made it look so much better and with a known competitor also offering the same, we went back to the drawing board.

Associate
I joined the forums for this thread alone.

Keep up the effort Hazro, rooting for you. Hopefully the products will get better over time as they mature and the manufacturing techniques [hopefully] improve.

Just waiting on my replacement HZ30Wi to replace the one of two that broke. Hope it is as good as the pixel perfect example that I've been left with.

And hi there OcUK. Been reading the forums for some time but hadn't had the motivation to join until just now. xD

Soldato
Feel real sorry for those that have issues with thier monitors as this is a great monitor, hope OCUK and Hazro sort you guys and the issues out soon.

I don't think either OcUK or Hazro are willing to do anything about the dust issues - they don't recognize them as problems, unfortunately.

My only concern is the almost pathetic flimsy stand, £430 monitor balanced on a 50 pence stand!

Anyone got any suggestions for replacement stands?

Hazro is going to offer an adjustable stand in the future, £30-40 according to TFT Central review. Might be more seeing the mark-up that OcUK put on these monitors lately.

To those thinking of removing the glass panel to try to remove dust particals from the inside. Don't do it. Don't even think of doing it!

I haven't done it with this monitor, but I did do it with a scanner a few years back.
Big mistake.
Try it and you will only make things worse.

It doesn't matter how good/clean you think you will be.
These are put together in a clean room for a reason.

I second this, it may be impossible to clean the panel without making it much worse under normal conditions.

Associate
Okay, so maybe 1 or 2 stuck/dead pixels isn't the end of the world but one thing is striking. I'm fairly sure everybody so far has at least one, and these are the ones we consider to be lucky. For other monitor manufacturers, even the worst, a single dead or stuck pixel is rare in 10 panels or more.

The pixel policies monitor manufacturers use always seem harsh but they are a worst case scenario. I can't help but feel that Hazro are using our modern day acceptance of faulty pixels as a free pass to sell on poor QC and B grade panels. I am probably playing devils advocate but it's a thought.

Associate
The pixel policies monitor manufacturers use always seem harsh but they are a worst case scenario. I can't help but feel that Hazro are using our modern day acceptance of faulty pixels as a free pass to sell on poor QC and B grade panels. I am probably playing devils advocate but it's a thought.

I somewhat agree but I also feel that they are trying to expand at a rate at which they are not finding sustainable. In other words, it may be the case that QC is falling below expectations but not to their malice aforethought. No comment as to B grade panels but it is a possibility. I'll let Hazro answer that for themselves if they choose to.

Last edited:
Associate
i see the Hazro HZ27WA are still instock! has anyone ordered one of these and if they have it, how good is it for FPS gaming etc, from what i understand it has slightly more lag than the WC,

Vir

Vir

Associate
Ok I just set mine up, I've had some beers in town so bear with me.
First of all, WOW... it's very big and everything is very clear, much much much much better then my iiyama 26" 1920x1200, really impressed!
When I set my background color to all white I see around 8 dead or stuck pixels all around the screen. When doing normal stuff and the screen is not all white I don't see them so I'll say... I'm ok with this. But still, this shouldn't happen and I'm gonna say, if you worry about dead/stuck pixels you might wanna avoid these screens...

Anyway, I'm very happy :) Thanks Hazro, but please try and look at your screens first before sending them out.

Soldato
It seems some people are quite sensitive to dead pixels, in which case you might want to avoid these screens or be sent slowly insane. Otherwise, it's an awesome screen for the price.

Associate
i don't notice the 3 dead pixels unless i look for them, i'm very happy with my screen.

getting the base on was a bit of a trial though, they were very tight screws.

Associate
This was our initial plan and we were set to go without the glass front with all packaging complete. Adding the ASAHI glass as a sample just made it look so much better and with a known competitor also offering the same, we went back to the drawing board.

Wait, wait, wait. People can just leave them off if they so chose without really spoiling the screen per se? I assume warranty would be voided?

Permabanned
It seems some people are quite sensitive to dead pixels, in which case you might want to avoid these screens or be sent slowly insane. Otherwise, it's an awesome screen for the price.

I am it has put me off, i was interested before. I'd rather pay more for quality and customer service. I really like the apple but dislike the stand.

When i purchased my kuro it had one dead pixel, the company came out and replaced it and threw in some freebie backlights worth a £100.

Back
Top Bottom