Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
Is this fun to play as a duo? Or do we need randoms on the team too?

Randoms will help and contrary to what I was expecting, most of the randoms I’ve encountered so far have been excellent.

As with all the other millions of questions how is this as a newb playing solo? Frustrating or ok do jump in and not be a complete liability to those playing since release?

I wouldn’t fancy going solo, it wouldn’t be tough early on. Just follow a team and support them as best you can, you’ll learn as you go and many are friendly and will actively show you the ropes. That’s how I’ve gotten on. It’s mostly been a great community so far, I think people have embraced the game itself and the ‘cause’ pretty well.

What's going on with the fire at the moment? it seems insane - if a flame slightly goes anywhere near you, you get instagibbed!

Fire is horrific. I agree with the people calling for fire armour. The fire tornados seem to actively chase you, worse, I’ve been blocked in several times. I’ve even seen it happen to some pretty experienced players.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yep. If it touches you, you're basically dead, unless you manage to use a stim and dive out of it. If you get reinforced in it, you'll be screaming before you've even got out the pod and again, will probably die.

As a new player I assumed that’s the way it had always been. Yes, it’s instant death currently.

Man of Honour
Yep. If it touches you, you're basically dead, unless you manage to use a stim and dive out of it. If you get reinforced in it, you'll be screaming before you've even got out the pod and again, will probably die.

Didn't realise it was broken like that, one of the things which was annoying me last night, twice died to fire despite instantly stiming and hitting prone fairly quickly.

Soldato
The fire is insane.

If a flame touches you from a hulk you have to stim or your a dead man!

Seen fire storms block pathways between rocks and you have no way of getting past until its moved.

Last edited:
Soldato
This for me is the most annoying. When you equip a flamethrower the distance is quite poor, but if a hulk uses one it travels double the distance and swift kill! :mad:
What makes it worse, the hulk can catch you through rocks etc

Tried to play on Helldiver difficulty (9) and the amount of enemies is insane so dropped back down to 8. There is sometimes no clear way forward in any direction!

People seem to want to stop and clear the area which causes more deaths instead of just moving on. If we got something for the kills I could understand but we get nothing apart from more enemies the longer we wait around

Last edited:
Associate
What makes it worse, the hulk can catch you through rocks etc

Tried to play on Helldiver difficulty (9) and the amount of enemies is insane so dropped back down to 8. There is sometimes no clear way forward in any direction!

People seem to want to stop and clear the area which causes more deaths instead of just moving on. If we got something for the kills I could understand but we get nothing apart from more enemies the longer we wait around

The enemy numbers are particularly bloated against bots, I've yet to attempt a Helldive but even on Impossible the large unit spawns are very frequent, even when fielding the booster to reduce enemy spawn frequency.

Your second point is spot on, those not accustomed to higher levels stand and fight long enough to get bogged down and waste those precious reinforcements! One group of my mates does that, the other know the score far better and we keep on the move constantly.

Soldato
The enemy numbers are particularly bloated against bots, I've yet to attempt a Helldive but even on Impossible the large unit spawns are very frequent, even when fielding the booster to reduce enemy spawn frequency.

Your second point is spot on, those not accustomed to higher levels stand and fight long enough to get bogged down and waste those precious reinforcements! One group of my mates does that, the other know the score far better and we keep on the move constantly.
Yeah, the automations can be insane, the drop ships come steaming on in and before you know it your surrounded or you are looking in 1 direction and either 1 drops directly on you or so close you do not have time to react.

What level are you? I am currently 58.

Current load out for me is Eagle 500K Bomb, the laser beam, sheld generator and quasar cannon.

I take with me the dominator, grenade pistol and impact grenade.

Man of Honour

Sometimes the game just wants you dead heh:

bQ06Yw1.png

If 3 bile titans chasing me down wasn't enough I turned back around to find another one :s

ThtwoTF.png

Sometimes with bugs it can go utterly crazy and just blanket the landscape though - I've had 50+ kills rock up in a streak and not make a dent in what is coming at us.

This was a kind of cool angle the other day:

tAgqGvT.png

Back
Top Bottom