Helldivers 2

Soldato
This one was also a lol:

r0h2xsB.jpeg
They're all saying PC players are ungrateful and acting like children and Sony should pull all games from Steam. Then they wonder why they get walked all over.

It was pretty magnificent to see 250k people all unify against Sony. Steam has grown so much from where it was 20 years ago, back when console players were constantly saying PC gaming is dead. Now PC gamers have the power to make Sony walk back decisions.

Caporegime
They're all saying PC players are ungrateful and acting like children and Sony should pull all games from Steam. Then they wonder why they get walked all over.

It was pretty magnificent to see 250k people all unify against Sony. Steam has grown so much from where it was 20 years ago, back when console players were constantly saying PC gaming is dead. Now PC gamers have the power to make Sony walk back decisions.

These people are at eachothers throats about which platform is best, Play Station or XBox, these people are bat ____ crazy, the infighting between AMD and Nvidia users in our world can get a bit nutty sometimes but these _______ are on an entirely different plane of existence.

So yeah, anyone criticizing their platform of choice is going to see them boil over, especially if its those filthy PCMR snobs... :D

Last edited:
Associate
was playing hell divers 2 earlier and had no probs cept it seemeed a lot harder to solo, much more patrols, thats what my email address shows up on :)
That is because they released a patch.

Before the patch, solo players got 1/6 of the patrols that a 4 player group gets, now they get the correct 1/4.

So basically it was easier before to play solo, now its just as hard as it is with 4 players.

Caporegime
That is because they released a patch.

Before the patch, solo players got 1/6 of the patrols that a 4 player group gets, now they get the correct 1/4.

So basically it was easier before to play solo, now its just as hard as it is with 4 players.

Interesting, i like solo as well as with friends, last time i played it solo it was more difficult, at the end waiting for pickup i felt like i was being punished for completing it, i had a massive bug swarm, from all angles spawning more and more and... a literal sea of bugs, i thought; this is a bit harsh....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Interesting, i like solo as well as with friends, last time i played it solo it was more difficult, at the end waiting for pickup i felt like i was being punished for completing it, i had a massive bug swarm, from all angles spawning more and more and... a literal sea of bugs, i thought; this is a bit harsh....

It really seems to vary at the end of a mission, regardless of how much you’ve cleared out. Sometimes you get swarms of bugs or bots and others nothing. A well timed blizzard can be very helpful.

At least bugs are easy to outrun, the problem can be getting back onto the platform, not that I understand why they swarm the landing pad when there’s no one on there.

I may try soloing Helldive, haven’t tried that for a while.

Last edited:
Soldato
New update out today

Overview
For this patch, we have made improvements and changes to the following areas

• Some weapon and enemy balancing
  • Crash fixes
  • Social Menu issues
  • DoT damage fix
  • Misaligned scopes fix
  • General fixes and improvements

Balancing

Primary, Secondary, & Support Weapons
R-36 Eruptor

• Increased explosion damage by 40 and removed shrapnel from the explosion
This is to avoid cases in which players would randomly one-shot themselves or their teammates in a huge radius around the explosion

Enemies
  • Increased Shrieker sight and hearing range slightly.
  • Increased Gunship hearing range slightly

Fixes
Gameplay

• We have fixed issues with the way Damage-over-time effects were being applied. This should fix issues where only the network session owner could apply them, and other cases where they would be applied inconsistently.
  • Firing the Punisher Plasma while wearing a shield backpack no longer damages the Helldiver
  • Fixed issues with some weapon scopes not being aligned in First-Person-View.
  • The sound when stimming no longer plays while being interrupted
  • Major orders with the “Kill task” now track score correctly. Previously it counted the entire squad’s kills once for each player, meaning it would multiply the score by the number of people on the mission; this is now amended.
  • Helldivers can no longer land on tall rocks in the “Horde Defend Missions”
  • Helldivers can no longer land on top of bug pillars in Deactivate Terminid Control System missions
  • Fix for the reinforce stratagem not being present if a Helldiver leaves the session before readying up and then hot joining the active session

Crashes

• Fixed a crash that could occur when all players were dead on the “Deactivate Terminid Control System” mission
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on game shutdown
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving the mission and rejoining
  • Fixed a crash that could occur at the end of cutscenes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when diving into missions
  • Fixed a tutorial crash that could occur on PC when ALT+Tabbing
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when using beam weapons
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur for players on startup when using VPN
  • Fixed a soft lock that could occur if the player would open the text chat while having the stratagem menu open
  • Other general crash fixes

Social Menu Fixes

• PC players adding friends through friend codes can no longer show up as “Unknown”
  • Fixed overlapping footers inside menus
  • Steam friends should now be visible in Social Menu, even though Friends List is not set to Public in Steam Privacy Settings
  • Recent Players list will now include hot-joining players
  • Players are now able to unblock players that were not in their friends list beforehand
  • Fixed issue with empty friend-names in Social Menu
  • Lobby privacy mode text updates immediately when changed
  • Player names longer than 26 characters should now update properly in the Social Menu
  • Fixed issue where non-host players could kick others indiscriminately including the host

Other

• Total purchased counter on the right side of the Robotics Workshop section no longer displays 7 / 8 despite all stratagems being purchased
  • Resolved some edge cases related to Steam AppId related errors on login

Release Captain Carlberg wishes you continued success in your democratic endeavors

Man of Honour
Sounds like they broke the eruptor, but otherwise good stuff.

Had a lovely crash mid-helldive mission tonight. One of the first ever I think :(

Last edited:
Associate
These people are at eachothers throats about which platform is best, Play Station or XBox, these people are bat ____ crazy, the infighting between AMD and Nvidia users in our world can get a bit nutty sometimes but these _______ are on an entirely different plane of existence.

So yeah, anyone criticizing their platform of choice is going to see them boil over, especially if its those filthy PCMR snobs... :D

Ha ha, up until this gen, I have always had two consoles dating back to the NES/Sega Master System and have avoided the "wars" over the decades. God I feel old when I say it like that :D

Soldato
2ND CRASH EVER FOR ME

lost 40 mins of mission

then Steam loses connection another 40 mins of work down the pan

A great session this evening lol

This game....can frustrate
This is down to the steam maintenance that happens every Tuesday at 11pm.

When this starts you get kicked from the game with a connection issue which is not your problem.

Due to this I scrap playing Tuesday evenings as I cannot get on until 10pm and would only get 1 game in

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving this on both ps5 and pc, hoping for the eventual cross save. As with most things it's rare to find chill people using voice properly but an absolute delight when you stumble on a group like that.

Just unlocked Spear at the end of my last session so looking forwards to trying that out....

Man of Honour
not a fan of nerfs to warbond weapons, being you have to use supercredits to buy

Agreed, I was saving up for the warbond with the eruptor. Tried it after a recent nerf (someone dropped an eruptor after they were killed) and it was terrible. Potentially still worth it if a warbond has other good items, but it makes me reluctant to spend any. Even more so since they’ve crippled the drop rate of SCs.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Agreed, I was saving up for the warbond with the eruptor. Tried it after a recent nerf (someone dropped an eruptor after they were killed) and it was terrible. Potentially still worth it if a warbond has other good items, but it makes me reluctant to spend any. Even more so since they’ve crippled the drop rate of SCs.

To be honest I'm finding these nerfs/changes are putting me off playing, being a touch over the top and not entirely balanced separated the game from so many titles of late which just bored me to death with algorithm, etc. driven balance turning them into "unfun" mediocrity. Now this game seems to be edging ever closer to that path.

Man of Honour
To be honest I'm finding these nerfs/changes are putting me off playing, being a touch over the top and not entirely balanced separated the game from so many titles of late which just bored me to death with algorithm, etc. driven balance turning them into "unfun" mediocrity. Now this game seems to be edging ever closer to that path.

Agreed. On the plus side, the CEO has now acknowledged this. They are completely over the top for a PvE game. I’be only been playing a few weeks and I’ve already noticed the negative impact of these recent changes.

Back
Top Bottom