Hello All....Official Gigabyte Support Rep

Soldato
and now the GPU wont work, the pc wont start with the GPU in, it just jamms right up

it's one problem after another, it's non stop, and the help i'm getting here is totally uselees, the mobo just will not run smoothly, the ASUS had none of this.

Awesome, nice to see how you feel about assistance from users on here. You know that in 99% of instances like this, it is user error and nothing to do with those offering advice. Did you even reinstall Windows as was suggested? Perhaps you should stop using technology altogether. Most of your issues are related to Windows, sure it might have something to do with the motherboard, but given your responses in here and your other thread, I'd say you've most likely installed something that shouldn't be on the PC, or you've not installed the drivers properly. You seem like the kind of person that's in way over your head and cannot follow the advice of others, thinks he knows better, and then moans about it when it all goes wrong. I think you and tech don't mix, so maybe get rid of everything technical and get yourself a typewriter and an abacus. That ought to sort you for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Caporegime
you need to relax and go through each thing,im sure you can get it all working fine

what make of 7990 is it? and what bios are you using atm on the board? have you tried with the backup bios on the board? theres a dual bios switch

and does it still work/boot and display fine using the igpu?

Soldato
you need to relax and go through each thing,im sure you can get it all working fine

what make of 7990 is it? and what bios are you using atm on the board? have you tried with the backup bios on the board? theres a dual bios switch

and does it still work/boot and display fine using the igpu?

it was working an hour ago, all i did was to install catalyst, but i think it was already there, not sure.

what's happening is, when one problem is solved another one starts, the card was never any problem before

the bios is the Gigabyte installation disc 1.1 and the 7990 is a XF.......no 7990 in device manager display adaptor and my 7970 wouldn't work either

works fine by onboard graphics, card isn't bust because i'm still seeing the start up screen, the screen is freezing or staying frozen up for too long

dont keep saying change the BIOS back etc, i havent touched the bios, the card was working ok until i installed catalysit 14-4, the card has always worked ok with all the different catalysts on 14-4

i have never had problems like this before with any other motherboard, this has been for the last 3 days

there is something, i never get the message ``no display adaptor present, please fit`` that message has always been there if no card is present, even with this mobo !

i think i'm missing display drivers from Windows or this useless mobo

Last edited:
Caporegime
does the 7990 have dual bios switch? tried with other bios position

ones usually uefi or legacy I think so might be that,you need to contact gigabyte uk and tell them whats happening and the model card your using,i havnt come across any issues

Soldato
ok guys i got it working, so lets not hear any more ``you're a dumb *** bla bla``;):D

right, the first thing to do is to delete all the amd drivers that i had, then i downloaded ``AMD gaming evolved 1st``.....then 4.4 32 bit.....then 4.4 64bit......then 4.7.

i have a few 32 bit files here already so i was a bit suspicious of not downloading it again, because this is the only file that i didn't still have from yesterday.

i then flashed the latest BIOS which is Version F6....now i got this off Easytune 6 Taiwan...... not U.S.A.

i then switched over the VGA 3 AND 4 cables on the 7990, because i'm pretty sure cable 4 was the 1st cable on the left

if this remains stable i will not touch the settings again, but i bet it'll bust again..............good the 7990 is now in the Device Manager list

finally there isn't just one fast boot, there's about 4 of them in Win 8

Last edited:
Soldato
oh no, it's not working again, this time prime 95 wont test it, something about not recognising the CPU, main thread not responding.....waiting for work on the others

in addition easytune 6 wont do ``autotune`` test, it's stuck at 3.5 it wont go to the next level, it usually goes to 5.2 !!!!!

but on the other easytune menu it selects 4.5 instantly

this is so odd, you cure a fault with the mobo and a fault develops in another area, it's every time

it feels like the mobo has a virus or a Trojan horse whatever

Soldato
ok it's working.....it went right up to 4.8 (probably more) but i settled for 4.6

now then, you have to calibrate the fans and then select Performance, make sure the 2nd cpu fan is running, you might have to fool around with the fan settings because they tend to do their own thing, but it will not overclock if the fans are running on the standard/quiet mode and deffo not if that 2nd cpu fan is not turning...

i changed the bios again, it's the 7fd version, this flipping mobo is so damned temperamental.

yes it's the fans, because Prime is running ok now, it's about 72 degrees at 4.6, it'll hit 4.8 easy i only need to raise the fan speed slightly, unfortunately fooling around with the settings isn't a smart thing to do.................is it ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
it's lost its overclock, the fans have defaulted again and the screen jams up opening ``core temp``....that's enough, i'm going to RMA this mobo next week and ask for a refund, i've given Gigabyte a very bad online review and i've had it sent to them, lets see if they respond.... i have no other choice because i tried contacting them yesterday but was frozen out.

it's time to pick another motherboard

Last edited:
Associate
MSI Z97 Xpower AC, ASUS Maximus Gene or ASUS Maximus Hero if you want something that comes close or matches the Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force but you will pay a lot more for it. I would swap it out for a replacement you more than likely have a bad board. I picked up SOC Force 2 weeks back with the DDR 3 offer and flashed it F6 not had any problems have my L42 DC running 24/7 @4.9 @ 1.276v . One of the best motherboards I have had in the last few years.

Soldato
what is your exact BIOS code please and i'll give it a go, mobo is much better now, it's very stable

also, is there a simple guide on the web to how to OC it up to 4.7 via BIOS, i should have asked for this days ago, because as said, Easytune isn't stable, i'll need to know all the numbers........thanks guys

Last edited:
Associate
I've got a strange question. What kind of temperatures can the GA-Z97N-WIFI board's VRM modules take? Also, which sensor reading, if any, monitors them?

It's just because I plan to overclock on that board, but the VRM's have no heatsink on them, and due to their location they don't really get any airflow.

Thanks.

Associate
Hello im using GV-R797OC-3GD with the F3 bios and my card is getting Directx error all the time - With something Card have been removed.
Isnt there any newer bios than F3 thats been released a long time ago?

Im using I5-4690K
8Gb Ram
Asus Z-97 A motherboard.
600W psu

Back
Top Bottom