[Help] intel 9900K problem OC with OCCT Small data Stress Test

Associate
Hi

When i run last OCCT v12.1.18 with the settings Small data, Extreme, Variable etc.. (please check screensshots) i have like immediatly my computer freez & BSOD :'(

When i set OCCT Large data for 1Hour with all exact same settings the test is Fine without error !

i have the same issue when i run last Prime95 V30.19 build 14. Freez BSOD.

5 years ago i had after testing a lot of 9900k a good one.

i try actualy to be at 5.3Ghz @1.335v AVX=0, hope with your Help i will succed. (before all those years i stay stock because no time)

for the moment my Memory as you can see on the screenshot i put them at 2133mhz and the timings i let all by default at Auto.

at 5.3ghz the average temperature for 1Hour is around 60°C with some spikes around 74 and rarely 83°C on 1 or max 2 cores.

can you please tell me what i can change in my BIOS settings ?

My Setup:

Windows 10 x64 fully Update

CPU : Intel 9900K, Delied without the ICH, direct contat with the Waterblock.
Motherboard : Asus Maximus XI Extreme with last BIOS 2004.
Memory : 4 slots x8GB = 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal F4-4600C18D-16GTRS
HD : 2x SSD Samsung 1TB 970 Pro in RAID0
Video card : NVIDIA Titan RTX
PSU: Enermax Platimax D.F. 1200W

Watercooling: Rad 360mm with 6 fans Noctua 120mm, waterblock : AQUA COMPUTER Waterblock Cuplex Kryos NEXT VISION

Sorry i dont know how i can upload picture on the Forum then here is a mega link with all my screenshots:

Associate
OP
hi darket

thank you for trying to help me ^^

you want that voltage from CPU-Z right ? as you know with small data/packet i get just after i clic on run the stress test an BSOD then i can give you that only with Large size data/packet mode Extreme and Variable as settings under last OCCT (as the screeshot with OCCT setting you have on my mega link.

in the bios the vcore is at : 1,335v
CPU load-line calibration : 6

i test with cpu-z right now :

idle vcore = 1,323v

load vcore after 5min test = 1,296v

i dont know if is normal but before under HWiNFO64 and Core Temp i had the total ennergy consumption of the cpu in watt like 120w or more but now i have a strange number like in idle : 6,482W only. i think maybe because i disable an option in the Asus bios... i dont mind to not see that information if it make my cpu more stabke.

Cross fingers ^^

Last edited:
Associate
I'm guessing that you're stable at 5.2 ? What was the voltage jump needed for 5.3 ?

At some point with every cpu you're going to hit a brick wall where no amount of voltage and especially without exotic cooling Is going to be stable.

If 5.2 was stable I'd probably raise the LLC a level and reduce the voltage a little and test again.

Associate
OP
Hi darket and thank you for your time :)

i had the same issue at 5.2 with small data stress test, i was at 1,275v

for my cooling is :
Watercooling: Rad 360mm with 6 fans Noctua 120mm, 3 fans by each side, waterblock : AQUA COMPUTER Waterblock Cuplex Kryos NEXT VISION

on the settings screenshots i uplaod on mega you dont see something wrong who can explain that problem with small data test ?

regarding my previous question, no idea hwy, maybe is connected with mo problem ?

i dont know if is normal but before under HWiNFO64 and Core Temp i had the total ennergy consumption of the cpu in watt like 120w or more but now i have a strange number like in idle : 6,482W only. i think maybe because i disable an option in the Asus bios... i dont mind to not see that information if it make my cpu more stable.

Associate
OP
i just realise the occt small data BSOD immeditly after i run it but Prim95 blender setting it take 6min before error and BSOD

Back
Top Bottom