Help setting up asus b650m-a wifi II

Associate
building a new machine for my nephew based around a a ryzen 6 8600g and a asus 650m-a wifi ii
pretty sure ive every thing in correct (this is not my first build)
how ever on startup im getting nothing on screen (using the onboard graphics btw)

worst still i'm getting no error cores. just a solid blue light (it has q-led core) which from what i read is a normal boot.

have update the bios to the latest bios via flashback
have checked
the screen
the vga cable
add a graphics card to see if it would show something ( nochange)
took the memory out to see if i would get a error code, no the light stayed solid blue

any other ideas

Last edited:
Man of Honour
sorry had edited my post. have updated the bios to the latest ver vis flashback
Things to check if not already done.

Power cables

Check the CPU socket for bent pins and make sure CPU cooler isn't over tight.

Try clearing the CMOS on the motherboard

Try another monitor or cable

Last edited:
Soldato
How long have you left it on the black screen?

I am not 100% sure on this but it can take a few minutes if its got to do memory training for the first boot.

I would leave it on the black screen for 5/10 mins and then see if it comes to life. I remember the above being mentioned in the past but unsure if its still a thing on the newer AMD stuff

Man of Honour
How long have you left it on the black screen?

I am not 100% sure on this but it can take a few minutes if its got to do memory training for the first boot.

I would leave it on the black screen for 5/10 mins and then see if it comes to life. I remember the above being mentioned in the past but unsure if its still a thing on the newer AMD stuff
Correct it can take up to 15mins to train the memory before something shows on screen.

Forgot about that.

Soldato
Correct it can take up to 15mins to train the memory before something shows on screen.

Forgot about that.
Good to know, thanks for confirming.

So, maybe leave it on the black screen for 20 mins and see if it comes to life, hopefully it does and once done the first time round it should not need to do it again so should show life a lot quicker next boot.

Associate
OP
dp or hdmi?
VGA

edit

should say VGA is all it needs. it not going to be a daily driver. but stuck in the back of a shed(farm building shed) hence why it using the unboard graphs. not a GC. good enough to run the software

Last edited:
Soldato
did not work with the 1650 graphic card i tried in it either. cant see and jumper to select for vgs/hdmi
dedicated gpu would not work if the bios is set to use the onboard 1.

I would give HDMI a try as most tvs\monitors etc these days all have HDMI. Could be a duff VGA port

What version of the bios did you use?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
the newest bios i could find
PRIME B650M-A WIFI II BIOS 2413

yes tested it with a hdmi all i had was a default blue(no signal) screen

should add that ive now cleared the bios and re flashed it with the new bios in case i had a bad one

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Bios up to date
Tried different GPU
Tried different monitors and display ports.
Checked pins and cables , etc

Either faulty CPU or motherboard unless there's a short.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Can you share a pic of the board with the stuff plugged in? You might have missed something we'll notice.

I assume you're using a minimum of connected devices and have removed the flash drive?

Associate
OP
have rebuild the system outside of the case so that i had better access to it, every thing is plugged in that should be plugged in and yes have min of stuff plugged in that i can.

at the moment it either a bad MD or CPU. Im hoping that it a case that my flashback hasn't worked correctly and it not seeing the cpu (8600x) tho according to the web it should work. going to see if i can track down a 7XXX cpu to try if that works

Man of Honour
have rebuild the system outside of the case so that i had better access to it, every thing is plugged in that should be plugged in and yes have min of stuff plugged in that i can.

at the moment it either a bad MD or CPU. Im hoping that it a case that my flashback hasn't worked correctly and it not seeing the cpu (8600x) tho according to the web it should work. going to see if i can track down a 7XXX cpu to try if that works
AMD use to loan a CPU to update a bios not sure if that's an option for AM5 but worth looking into.

Don't tell them you have bios flash button.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom