Hitman .... what now?!

DHR

DHR

Soldato
So I'm seriously confused, the first hitman game e.g. hitman 1 in my head was from 20+ year ago.

I'm looking to pick them up cheap for Xbox One / Series X and have a bash, but I'm beyond confused on what to buy.

I know they've renamed a collection of them that's full price, but what I'm unclear on is what 1, 2 and 3 are? There were obviously more with titles like blood money, but I've happened across season one too?

I know they're not massively strong on the story, but I'd at least like to know names etc by the time I hit 3?

I've read that some people buy 3 and then get 1 and 2 (be that the series one etc) as add-ons?

Last edited:
Associate
Hitman 'season 1 and 2' were brand new games released in the PS4 era (someone correct me if I'm wrong) They are completely separate modern games,and may have connections to the originals,but as I said completely separate. Hitman Absolution is a great game btw.*

*As far as I remember they were released in episodes,much like the telltale games. Hence 'season'
And if it's a girl, they'll name her Sigourney, after an actress :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DHR
Associate
I played 3 first, then went and did 1 then 2. Story didn't really make a difference. I played them on Gamepass but none of the expansions or extra cities are on there.
So did they actually remake the original 3,or were they just remastered? I remember trying hitman 2 on GameCube. Couldn't even get past the first mission, thought it was rubbish. Hitman Absolution though,I loved that game on Xbox 360.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
That's what I've been confused about, reading elsewhere general thoughts seem to be hitman 3 was the 'current' one, which you could effectively play the hitman 1 and 2 games, via levels available as DLC?

Pet Northerner
Don
That's what I've been confused about, reading elsewhere general thoughts seem to be hitman 3 was the 'current' one, which you could effectively play the hitman 1 and 2 games, via levels available as DLC?
Hitman 3 was rebranded “world of assassination” which with dlc can have the levels from the rebooted hitman series (2016 onwards) .

None of the hitman series prior to that (hitman - hitman absolution) have been remade or added to that game.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
So when you see Hitman 2 for Xbox One it's actually 2018, so it'll be within the WoA - great stuff, think I understand now :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom