Home made case

Associate
OP
Harib0 said:
Time for a little bump to bring this up to the top again!

How are you getting on, anymore work done pictures too add - looking very smart so far!

cheers!

I hav'nt had much time the last week or so to do anymore.

Will hopefully get some more done to it over the bank holiday with anyluck. :) time permiting!!

Associate
OP
thanks very much!! :)

guess theres the 2 x ally sheets to fit for the 5.25drives. Then Perhaps not a lot more to do with the chassis. Which means making a start on the front panel.... Should be interesting. :D

hoping to keep the front made of aluminium too in keeping with the rest of the case, but, I've got a crazy idea of welding up a mildsteel front (not ideal I know) but then spraying in a nice metallic silver. Just one idea, but I do think it could look nice.

Associate
Well the front of the case is make or break really isnt it. have u made any sketches at all of what its going to look like?

any chance of showing us all a sneaky peak? ;)

Associate
OP
gr1mey said:
Well the front of the case is make or break really isnt it. have u made any sketches at all of what its going to look like?

any chance of showing us all a sneaky peak? ;)

Just did this very quick drawing to give some idea of the design/style I'm looking for. I mentioned before that it might look something like a v1000+ but solid instead of mesh, or maybe tj07. a lot more simple aswell without all the extra drive bay covers. Thats a resoviour incase anyones wondering. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Only thing I may say, when it is in metal having that much flat space may make the case look a little to bland, coming from me that has to mean something. :p

Associate
OP
fair point, its about 480mm tall so its not full but yeah could still look a little as you say, bland.

that said, I do like simplicity with anything to do with styling.

Last edited:
Soldato
How about putting a Bulgin switch with a lightup ring at the top.

Have another one down the bottom with a LED on either side to lighten it up.

Bulgin anti vandal switches, got to love them!

Associate
OP
This pic is the top bit which is at an angle with the switch plus to blue LEDS, a design I thought about a couple of weeks ago. The switch wont have an illuminated ring though, same type switch still but just to be different, minus the blue illumination. :p

Associate
OP
almost the same yeah, infact the lian-li switch is probably slightly better than the ones I already have, which are very slightly domed on the actual push button. Whereas the lianli looking at pics looks like the button is flush.

Associate
OP
gr1mey said:
going to incorporate a front intake somehow?

ok need advice here. :confused: If I'm watercooling i should'nt need a forced intake should I just entrance vent and what I plan to use is a 120mm exhaust not counting rad fans. Just to remove any warm air in the main compartment.

Soldato
If you are watercooling you will not need a front intake.

You do not need one if you extract enough air out of the case anyhow, a side blowhole could be used as a alternative to a front intake aswell, with just as good results.

Back
Top Bottom