Hosting Question!?

Man of Honour
Find a new host and update the DNS, yes. Or see if you can get a transfer included with the new hosting and go for that, then you get a year's extra registration too, as Adz mentioned.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Easyspace, while probably not the best hosting provider around, should be trustworthy enough to leave your domain with if you don't fancy transferring it out.

OT but Easyspace were actually my first ever paid hosting provider in ~1999! I think I paid around £500/year for the privilege too.

Permabanned
OP
Adz said:
OT but Easyspace were actually my first ever paid hosting provider in ~1999! I think I paid around £500/year for the privilege too.

Mine too, but as I say, hosting has expired and i'm not keen on renewing it with them

So, to summarise, leave the name with them (but renew it) and obtain hosting from somewhere else and DNS it!?

HT

Soldato
Quick vaguely related question: do Nominet or whoever send email/snail mail alerts when your domain is about to expire? I have around 5 domains, all registered at different times, and I just know I'll forget when at least one of them expires.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
robmiller said:
Quick vaguely related question: do Nominet or whoever send email/snail mail alerts when your domain is about to expire? I have around 5 domains, all registered at different times, and I just know I'll forget when at least one of them expires.

Your registrar should email you to inform you of an impending renewal. Nominet will also email you then, as a last ditch attempt, they'll send you a pro-forma invoice for £80 by post just before the domain is suspended in case your registrar has gone bust.

Soldato
We use easyspace at work :)() and it's a real real reall pain in the backside to move domains away from them. Faxes and unanswered emails, etc, etc. I think they even charge a fee to move away, too...

But while it's there, it works ok, lol :/

Back
Top Bottom