How to connect a Logitech wireless keyboard

Associate
Hi, i currently have a wireless mouse, a G502 from Logitech. I've just bought a Logitech wireless keyboard, a K350 wave. Should i be able to use the wireless widget/dongle thing from the mouse with the keyboard? I think the mouse is newer than the keyboard (obvs newer to me, i think manufactured after the keyboard as well), so i assumed the mouse dongle would be more capable than the one supplied with the keyboard.
The mouse one isnt yet picking up the keyboard, but i only get to play around with it after working hours, and keyboard only arrived sunday, so ive not yet had much chance to play around, only about 30 mins yesterday.

Don
Unfortunately I believe they are two different USB receivers -
The K350 is from the office line and uses the "Unifying receiver", the G502 is from Logitech's gaming line and uses the "Lightspeed receiver", and both need different software.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately I believe they are two different USB receivers -
The K350 is from the office line and uses the "Unifying receiver", the G502 is from Logitech's gaming line and uses the "Lightspeed receiver", and both need different software.

ah, thats a problem for me then! in the short play around i had it looks like i cant use both dongles at same time, the software brings up an error message and tells me to ensure theres only one dongle attached, when i take out the new one, the message disappears but i cant connect the keyboard to the old one. i had hoped i could play around with something and make it work over weekend, but it seems not!

Associate
OP
Apologies, just thought of a follow up question! If i get a wireless keyboard from a different manufacturer, does anyone know in theory if i can use it alongside at the same time as a Logitech wireless mouse? Eg will a wireless dongle from A N Other company interfere with logitech dongle (or vice versa), and will either set of software wig out if detecting 2 different makers dongles?
Is anyone else using wireless keyboard and mouse from different makers, and had any problems?

Back
Top Bottom