Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
Currently on the Huel Black Strawberry & Cream, and it is lovely shoved into a nutribullet for 10secs.

I also have the huel Chick & Mushroom savoury. It is very nice, and very filling however I find that making it according to the guidelines results in the pasta being a tad crunch so I often leave it for longer than 5mins. I certainly add more water than usual too otherwise the consistency of the meal is rather thick. Overall taste is similar to a pot noodle chicken and mushroom, without the noodles. I'd give it a good 7/10.

I am not a fan of any of their protein bars. Tried them all and I'd rather stick to the Grenade high protein, low sugar bars.

Last edited:
Soldato
I also have the huel Chick & Mushroom savoury. It is very nice, and very filling however I find that making it according to the guidelines results in the pasta being a tad crunch so I often leave it for longer than 5mins. I certainly add more water than usual too otherwise the consistency of the meal is rather thick. Overall taste is similar to a pot noodle chicken and mushroom, without the noodles. I'd give it a good 7/10.
I've had about 7 of the Hot & Savoury now and you're dead right, definitely needs more water than they advise and I find, a good 15 minutes to prepare (add water, stir, wait 5, stir, wait 5, stir, wait 5, nom)

Another point of note, water needs to be absolutely boiling straight from the kettle, even leaving it a few minutes means the pasta/rice never properly softens.

Soldato
Going to give Huel Black ago and the Hot & Savoury.
Gone with Strawberry and Cream, Cinnamon Swirl and the Madras.

Looks like they gave me a free new shaker, hot mug thing and a load of scoops. Thought they only gave stuff out for free with your first order.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still tempted to give the Benu ago but flavour options are non existent considering i cant stand Bannana.
The ProteinWorks stuff just seems a cheap product so doesnt really interest me.

Soldato
The ProteinWorks stuff just seems a cheap product so doesnt really interest me.
I guess it depends on your tastebuds but for me Proteinworks is vastly superior in taste and texture to Huel, with Huel I had to add honey or milkshake powder to make it taste nice enough and the texture I could never get used to, too gritty/powdery for my liking, yes it's cheaper but I wouldn't say it's "cheap" as in poorer quality, it's just a different formula

Soldato
I guess it depends on your tastebuds but for me Proteinworks is vastly superior in taste and texture to Huel, with Huel I had to add honey or milkshake powder to make it taste nice enough and the texture I could never get used to, too gritty/powdery for my liking, yes it's cheaper but I wouldn't say it's "cheap" as in poorer quality, it's just a different formula
Taste and texture concern me much less than quality of ingredients. I'm more than happy with the taste and texture of Huel always have been.

It definitely is poorer quality, maltodextrin is used for instance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Taste and texture concern me much less than quality of ingredients.
Nail. Hit. Head.

I don't really use the regular Huel, only the hot & savoury but i've done enough research to see how much effort Huel put into what goes into their products on a granular level.

Last edited:
Soldato
Taste and texture concern me much less than quality of ingredients. I'm more than happy with the taste and texture of Huel always have been.

It definitely is poorer quality, maltodextrin is used for instance.
Maltodextrin is used in Huel as well

Soldato
Maltodextrin is used in Huel as well

Only in the Essential (their cheap offering) and then it's way down the list, not one of the main ingredients.

I'm not knocking the cheap stuff, bit there is a reason Huel is the price it is and a reason their are cheaper options.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom