HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC Problem Thread

Associate
We actually do have a glass free version in these LED models. These were built by Hazro for another licensee OEM last year but can be introduced in the EMEA market. We are in discussion with OCUK to see whether they will be interested in taking these on too. However, we feel the glass complements the panel and adds to the aesthetic properties of the monitor. Dust can certainly be controlled and minimized almost to the point where its never noticeable. However, it cannot be ruled out completely.

As for removing the glass, it isn't advised unless you have access to a class 1 clean room. Simply wiping the glass from the inside in a home/office environment will actually attract more dust.

Hazro, thanks for clearing this up (pun intended).

I would be interested in a glass-free version.

If dust cannot be ruled out and the glass panel can't be removed, then I won't consider buying one. I care less for the aesthetics of the monitor and much more for the image quality during use.

I do have a few questions about a glass-free version:
  • Will the cost be reduced? If so, how much?
  • Does the glossy surface of the bare panel have some kind of resilient coating? Or can it easily be damaged? I'm typing on an older MacBook with a bare (glass-free) gloss LCD panel and it is tough, handles touch and cleaning well.
  • Is it already available for direct order from Hazro for International customers?

At least the monitor weight and fragility should both be lower as a result of no glass - both a benefit for concerns over shipping, especially long distances.

The other hesitation I have is due to shipping costs because of the distance between the UK and South Africa. After paying high shipping fees to land it, one is then loathe to return a monitor for some problem which might have been prevented, in the end having to possibly pay 3 times for shipping. If this is the case it actually becomes just as expensive to buy an Apple 27" Cinema Display at a premium that's already in the country and can be immediately swapped out for any problem. My question is: Will Hazro perform quality testing of units to ensure excellence (thinking especially of faulty pixels here) PRIOR to shipping to ensure customer satisfaction and hopefully eliminate the need for returns? (this question is also fairly asked by the local UK and closer EU customers, and some have done so previously in these Hazro threads)

If the above can be positively addressed, I'll seriously consider Hazro.

Associate
As for removing the glass, it isn't advised unless you have access to a class 1 clean room.

Sweet irony.

Anyway the non-glass model does sound interesting, there's no way I would pay over £400 for a monitor that is full of dust so not having a piece of glass in the way would be a benefit.

Associate
this is what i have to wear at work, not sure what class it is.
i'm happy with my screen though.

cleanroom.jpg

Associate
However, we feel the glass complements the panel and adds to the aesthetic properties of the monitor.

As for removing the glass, it isn't advised unless you have access to a class 1 clean room. Simply wiping the glass from the inside in a home/office environment will actually attract more dust.

First of all I, like you don't quite appreciate the quest of scrutinizing a panel for finding faults. This is really an amazing monitor for its price but some of the complaints about the glass/dust/objectionable dead pixel policy are reasonable.

I do agree with you that the glass panel does look better however whether that is very important or not it depends on your target audience. If your target audience is the sort of people that frequent this sort of forums then I would imagine that we would prefer less subjective beauty and more objective practical perfection.

I don't think there is anyone here who can find the dust spots or reflections of the glass appealing while am sure there are many if not all who find very attractive a screen with 0 dead pixels and without a glass and therefore no reflections/dust. I do feel the case for a glass is purely cosmetic and nothing more and for that reason unecessary. It brings more problems (evidently) than joy.

I would still like to know how can we safely remove and keep off the glass.

My screen is perfect with 0 dead pixels but the glass takes points off it.

Let's take it off so that this screen can really shine :cool:.

Last edited:
Associate
Here's my dust spot. I can ignore the rest of the dust but not this one.

1253t3r.jpg

Hazro is this acceptable in your eyes? Please advice how can we remove the glass :)

Associate
Right chaps, it seems that Hazro are hesitant to give info on how to remove the glass. Therefore, and in keeping with the true pioneering spirit of O.C. forumites, I challenge someone to take the lead and get that damn glass off. I'm always amazed seeing just how skilled some of the modders are on the forums, surely someone is willing to claim immortality and post pictures to prove they have taken one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. Fair enough, if someone has really pushed the financial boat out they may be hesitant to invalidate a warranty, but at only £400 I bet there are tons of people who could easily buy another if it was to go very wrong. I mean, there are loads of folks out there who don't hesitate to fry an expensive CPU or graphics card in the chase for glory, so why should it be any different here? If I wasn't getting a Dell U2410 I would certainly have a go at being the first to get that glass off. What would I use? I would start with a heatgun, some chemical for dissolving adhesive, very thin plastic spatulas and plastic wedges, a scalpel, a few plungers (for pressure distribution), a very steady hand and, if applicable, a few prayers to whoever your God happens to be.
I hope people realise I completely understand if they don't wish to go for it, it is just that I can't understand that SOMEONE, ANYONE hasn't actually thought 'bugger it' and had a go at it. The key thing here is to ensure that the screen isn't damaged, so even if there is some superficial damage to the trim but the end goal of a dust-free, glass-free screen is achieved, isn't that goal achieved? There must be someone who is up for it. Anyone?

Flyer01

Caporegime
Right chaps, it seems that Hazro are hesitant to give info on how to remove the glass. Therefore, and in keeping with the true pioneering spirit of O.C. forumites, I challenge someone to take the lead and get that damn glass off. I'm always amazed seeing just how skilled some of the modders are on the forums, surely someone is willing to claim immortality and post pictures to prove they have taken one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. Fair enough, if someone has really pushed the financial boat out they may be hesitant to invalidate a warranty, but at only £400 I bet there are tons of people who could easily buy another if it was to go very wrong. I mean, there are loads of folks out there who don't hesitate to fry an expensive CPU or graphics card in the chase for glory, so why should it be any different here? If I wasn't getting a Dell U2410 I would certainly have a go at being the first to get that glass off. What would I use? I would start with a heatgun, some chemical for dissolving adhesive, very thin plastic spatulas and plastic wedges, a scalpel, a few plungers (for pressure distribution), a very steady hand and, if applicable, a few prayers to whoever your God happens to be.
I hope people realise I completely understand if they don't wish to go for it, it is just that I can't understand that SOMEONE, ANYONE hasn't actually thought 'bugger it' and had a go at it. The key thing here is to ensure that the screen isn't damaged, so even if there is some superficial damage to the trim but the end goal of a dust-free, glass-free screen is achieved, isn't that goal achieved? There must be someone who is up for it. Anyone?

Flyer01

If you've bought one of these monitors then do it yourself.

If you haven't then don't try and get someone else to do something so stupid.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its win win for hazro, reduced costs and no dust problem.
Only issue i can see is if it needs some sort of toughening coating that isnt needed with the glass on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does this mean that there will be a trade in system to get a monitor with no glass for people who bought one with dust on the glass screen?

Sounds like a good idea. Everybody would be happy then as there would be zero dust problems.

What do you think about that idea Hazro?

Associate
I feel rather inclined to have a go at the damn glass and be the first to make history however am uncertain as to how to minimize any damage on the frame.

Associate
If you've bought one of these monitors then do it yourself.

If you haven't then don't try and get someone else to do something so stupid.

I've already stated I'm getting the U2410.
As for not encouraging people, where would we be as a people if someone had said the same to someone encouraging Orville and Wilbur Wright or Charles Lindbergh to push aviation forward? We need innovators. I agree one should only try this if one is talented and has a flair for modding.

Caporegime
I've already stated I'm getting the U2410.
As for not encouraging people, where would we be as a people if someone had said the same to someone encouraging Orville and Wilbur Wright or Charles Lindbergh to push aviation forward? We need innovators. I agree one should only try this if one is talented and has a flair for modding.

There's a difference between encouraging innovation and asking someone to vandalise their monitor.

Hey, we've just invented the airplane.

Great, let me take that to pieces for you.

But what about our 3 year warranty?

Don't worry about it. You'll never need it.

Last edited:
Associate
This is how dusty my current screen is(not a hazro!):

http://img854.imageshack.us/i/lolre.jpg/

yeye im lazy havent bother clean it, however the reason for that is that i dont notice it at all under use :) How can people notice small dust particles size of one dot on 27 incher, serious question :p

I do understand if you buy something completely new it should be in perfect shape though, but remember you get basically an apple cinema display for half the price :p

And btw removing the glass and try to clean at home isnt something i would do. When i put on my safety plastic cover on my iphone it was so damn annoying because its always one little particle of dust that will find its way in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom