i just got dead space 2 but i'm so disappointed

Soldato
Consoles are a very different matter for patches but new games should be doable but patches cost a lot of money and time cos they go through ms or sony for the nodd its passed checks.

Associate
Consoles are a very different matter for patches but new games should be doable but patches cost a lot of money and time cos they go through ms or sony for the nodd its passed checks.

I know that is why my petition I'm asking developers to commit to having the feature. ultimately ms & sony should just add it to the console os.

Associate
I just want to say thank you gareth for pointing this out you got the attention of developers the thing i wanted from the get go. Now I see this effects the PC gamer as much as the console gamer.

http://www.firehosegames.com/thesis

This developer has and is committed to remapping I will be doing a dual com with him soon. Keep on gaming I'll keep OC.uk filled in on what goes down at pax. I'll talk to any PC developers I meet about this topic where i might have skipped them before now.

Thanks everyone for the signatures

Chuck the CAPper

Here is a video where I talk about button remapping (not my channel) LOL HOW DO I ADD LINKS TO UTUBE?

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's great that so many people are contacting publishers, developers and magazines etc. I'll be around lunch time today so if there's anyone with an idea or would like me to send emails then I will only be too happy to do so. :) Probably best not to repeat someone elses effort by contacting a website or publisher that already may be on the case. :)

Associate
Gareth, just came in here to say, I have nothing but utter respect for you for your dedication to gaming and sheer brilliance in continuing to game such a way. You are truly a role model to all.

I saw this linked at the GAF and was shocked to see it sourced here, a uk forum I frequent and my usual stop for PC parts. Sort of made it feel that much more amazing a read.

If you're ever in London and need help of any sort, or just a guide to show you around the city for the day, just drop me an email as it would be my pleasure!

Take care dude, and all the best to you in future!

Naim
[email protected]

Soldato
Out of curiosity has anyone tried contacting Microsoft? (Bare with me on this!)

I'm asking because of the Games for Windows label, which has a set number of prerequisites of a game in order to hold that label. It might be possible to persuade Microsoft to include custom mapping of controls as one of those demands.

Soldato
Quite unbelievable the response this thread has had since I it started. I somehow missed the petition so that is has now been signed.

Respect to you two Gareth and Chuck. Lets hope VisceralGames follow through on their promise !

Soldato
Hi Gareth,

I'm a developer from Visceral Games Australia, the studio responsible for the PC port of Dead Space 2. Sorry to hear about your issue - I've spoken with a few key people here and we'll do our best to include a fix for it in the next patch.

In the mean time, please PM me.

Cheers!
Michael

Hey man!
I just sent you an email at

Please email me back your mailing address.
The Dead Space team would like to try to help you out.

Cheers,
Dino Ignacio

Awesome's :D :eek:

Soldato
Joystiq :D

Console + PC video games all need re-mappable controls. Visceral dev(Michael), we don't have pm functioin here so you will have to set up your trust account by clicking the little trust box on the right side and filling it out with your email address for Gareth to contact you.

Soldato
Hi Gareth,

I'm a developer from Visceral Games Australia, the studio responsible for the PC port of Dead Space 2. Sorry to hear about your issue - I've spoken with a few key people here and we'll do our best to include a fix for it in the next patch.

In the mean time, please PM me.

Cheers!
Michael

Great news. Thank you for replying here, Michael. :)

Joystiq :D

Console + PC video games all need re-mappable controls. Visceral dev(Michael), we don't have pm functioin here so you will have to set up your trust account by clicking the little trust box on the right side and filling it out with your email address for Gareth to contact you.

Awesome. :D

This news provoked a number of smiles in our office just now. :)

Soldato
Great news! Maybe now developers will think more about accessibility issues for disabled gamers, plus of course us lefties can rejoice that we might be able to use the arrow keys or numpad instead of WASD :)

Back
Top Bottom