I want a Plasma TV again!

Soldato
OLED is very good but it's still really new tech and has its niggles. You cannot really compare say a 15th generation plasma to a 1st or 2nd generation OLED. it's too new.

I would wait for at least the 5th or 6th gen panels.

the LG OLED i saw was fine, miles better than my very good Plasma, dont forget the Plasma is far from perfect it has quite a few faults.

i'd say either get the best current OLED, or the next generation due out soon, because you wont be disapointed.

the Panny Plasma is too old now, yes it's better than LEDs, but nowhere near as good as an OLED, the difference between an OLED on 4K and a Panny on 1080p is massive

Man of Honour
OP
OLED is not In my budget - plus I hardly watch tv

Finally acquired a P42GT30B
Payed £170 maybe a little too much but my parents bought my Sony for £200 so hasn't really cost me anything

V F

V F

Soldato
Ah. Yes, broadcast overall is usually garbage. I mainly only watch recordings/sports or some On Demand but mostly Blu-Ray.

Man of Honour
OP
Here is the old girl
IMG_9970.jpg

IMG_9969.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg

Soldato
Hi guys I currently own a Sony 42" LED TV just over 2 years old, never really fell in love with it - smart services come and go, updates its self every other week, slow to load menus... just not my thing.. before this I had a Panny 50" Plasma which I loved but downscaled due to small living room in my new house

Was away over the new year and watched Tv on a old Panasonic Plasma for a few days, now I need one in my life again

Can anyone recommend me a good Panasonic one to buy, it has to be 42" 1080P, not fussed about 3d, not fussed about Smart Tv - Ill just get a nice add on box. Just want that awesome picture quality back!

I might be looking to sell my KRP-600M in the not-too-distant future! :D

Caporegime
people are asking stupid money for them. guy on avforums bought a kuro with original boxes and the matching speakers for £675.

2 years later he doesnt have any boxes, he sold the speakers on for £100.

his asking price £600. for a 7 year old tv mind with no warranty.

essentially looking to make a profit even though he's used it for 2 years and thrown out the boxes and sold the speakers on, etc.

Soldato
We have 2 Panny Plasma's in the house. The oldest is five years old and it still produces an impressive picture....

Pity they stopped making them!

Soldato
I had a decision to make last night. Hateful eight on the PC with my 21:9 x34 so minimal borders but sound via my O2 AMP/DAC + Headphones or the 50" Panny plasma downstairs with my 5.1 surround + sub.

Ended up watching it downstairs and despite the large borders, once I was into the film I forgot them. Plus you can't beat a good thunk from the sub as another body falls to the floor boards!

Caporegime
It isn't your money.

what does that matter?

i would buy one if they were priced properly but they all seem to attract ridiculous money for a tv of that age good old kuro tax.

he's going to be asking around £1000 for an 8-10 year old tv, which could buy someone a brand new OLED with a 5 year warranty.

i think i'm allowed to share my thoughts on that, it is an open forum.

Soldato
what does that matter?

i would buy one if they were priced properly but they all seem to attract ridiculous money for a tv of that age good old kuro tax.

he's going to be asking around £1000 for an 8-10 year old tv, which could buy someone a brand new OLED with a 5 year warranty.

i think i'm allowed to share my thoughts on that, it is an open forum.

But but .... it's a kuro they will never ever ever make a better TV EVER!!!!!!

Man of Honour
OP
Today scored another TV!! This time a P50GT50B for well under £200

Can't believe some people have no idea what their stuff is worth. The GT50 absolutely blew my GT30 out of the water in terms or image quality and the motion, but at the same time it made me sad that they don't make tv's like this anymore. I planned on storing away the 50" until I buy a bigger house next year, but when my mate saw it and offered me double what I payed was bit of a no brainer

Back
Top Bottom