I wish BT would stop sending this.

Soldato
Should I reply ? it looks a bit fishy. :)

UzOdwfM.png

Soldato
Someone explained to me the other day that phishing/scam emails are intentionally written poorly to weed out the people who have enough brain cells to figure out at some point it's a scam.

That way they don't have to waste their time on people who are going to intentionally string them along or figure out it's a scam down the line and the people who do contact them are likely to be easy victims.

Made sense and I'd never thought of it that way.

Soldato
mate, I have ad blocker server on my home network... it removes 90% of ads for the devices on my network
But it doesn't stop my brother from messaging a photo... not even a screenshot of the latest gadget that has been deemed "the tesla of.... ".. and saying that I should buy it..

Soldato
Someone explained to me the other day that phishing/scam emails are intentionally written poorly to weed out the people who have enough brain cells to figure out at some point it's a scam.

That way they don't have to waste their time on people who are going to intentionally string them along or figure out it's a scam down the line and the people who do contact them are likely to be easy victims.

Yep

Caporegime
mate, I have ad blocker server on my home network... it removes 90% of ads for the devices on my network
But it doesn't stop my brother from messaging a photo... not even a screenshot of the latest gadget that has been deemed "the tesla of.... ".. and saying that I should buy it..
Are you the brother with loads of money?

Associate

When first heard this i couldn’t believe it but as you say, it makes sense but man oh man it’s a tad depressing that people could be this stupid, though I give the elderly a pass.

Back
Top Bottom