I wish BT would stop sending this.

Soldato
Can’t wait for my SolaarPPaneells to arrrive!

IMG-3085.jpg

Soldato
Someone explained to me the other day that phishing/scam emails are intentionally written poorly to weed out the people who have enough brain cells to figure out at some point it's a scam.

That way they don't have to waste their time on people who are going to intentionally string them along or figure out it's a scam down the line and the people who do contact them are likely to be easy victims.

Made sense and I'd never thought of it that way.

There is no 'stringing along' in this case though - you either click the lick or you don't. It's not a 419 scam - so no you would want your email to look like it's from BT wouldn't you?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Someone explained to me the other day that phishing/scam emails are intentionally written poorly to weed out the people who have enough brain cells to figure out at some point it's a scam.

That way they don't have to waste their time on people who are going to intentionally string them along or figure out it's a scam down the line and the people who do contact them are likely to be easy victims.

Yeah heard this a long time ago.
They want the dunces

Oh also..
Gud afternoon madam. Thiers a pidgin in ur banc accont. I need to realise it. Can u plz provide ur bank accont numba and sort coode and passwurd plz

Last edited:
Soldato
I won the Nigerian lottery, i've paid the deposit and the winnings will be with me anyday now.

Unfortunately I didn't read the terms of my email properly and it was kind of awkward when it turned out that my prize actually was a Nigerian prince. But to be fair since he moved in he's been no trouble.

Caporegime
mate, I have ad blocker server on my home network... it removes 90% of ads for the devices on my network
But it doesn't stop my brother from messaging a photo... not even a screenshot of the latest gadget that has been deemed "the tesla of.... ".. and saying that I should buy it..
Kinda want to see the gadget

Soldato

Never realised that before. Makes sense so that only people who don't notice the poor spelling/grammar get sucked in.

Soldato
OP
Seems my birthday has been posted online as just got a email from
Immediate Edge.

They are telling me a balence of £20k is available for my account.
All I have to do is validate my account. That will come in handy.

Is this a scam ??:rolleyes:

Soldato

I would have said the main reason would be to avoid filters blocking it based on words and phrases. Which is happening less frequently these days as they like to put the body of the email in an image instead whch would requie sophisticated anti-phishing solutions that use AI to decipher the context.

Soldato
There's some awesome channels on YT where people back-trace the scammers to India then hack their internal CCTV and watch people for days, hacking their own databases, getting real names etc then dump it all onto the Police and watch the raids happen in real-time!

Back
Top Bottom