Iceland chicken is white

Caporegime
lol ill put 500k on it give me a couple of days to get it together.

Iceland do a lot of cook from frozen food, their frozen chicken breasts being one of the many.

They add a lot of salt and other additives to achieve this. Thus it looks a bit whiter than normal.

I don't eat pre prepared chicken breasts after seeing a documentary on how the processing distributor people bulk up the weight with hideous amounts of water, salt and other goodies.

+nearly every average takeaway/restaurant will use the stuff too, especially Indian, so next time you chow down on your chicken jalfrezi take a good look at the chunks.
UTTER TWADDDLE...

Iceland's breast fillet packaging say "Grade A, Fresh", contain no water and 0.3 salt.

people speak a lot of crap on internet forums mostly rumours they pick up on other forums , people see this oh its the internet it must be true...

news flash its not

Soldato
UTTER TWADDDLE...

Iceland's breast fillet packaging say "Grade A, Fresh", contain no water and 0.3 salt.

people speak a lot of crap on internet forums mostly rumours they pick up on other forums , people see this oh its the internet it must be true...

news flash its not

Is that you Kerry Katona?

Caporegime
Is that you Kerry Katona?

no its the voice of truth getting rid of the pompous arrogant ocuk members trying to claim omg its iceland its must be **** we only goto waitrows or an M&S scare mongering crap that usually gets posted on here

Caporegime
lol im only saying what i saw on channel 4 its probably a good thing that it was brought to light and now people wont buy it.

side effects none i think except a very very juicy wet looking piece of chicken that cooked from frozen and literally boiled in its own "juice"

Yep ok it looks like the media bandwagon got this changed the last references i can find to added water end in about 2009. It was all the rage in the early noughties. Uk laws have changed

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/article1980529.ece

This is from 2007 - old but fairly recent.

I would still expect frozen imported chicken to be crap. Where does it say your iceland stuff is from Vietnam?? :O

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can you explain more about what the side effects of said meat are... Based on the documentary you saw.

isnt this illegal for a long time and it was only some factories in holland anyway ?

iceland proud them self on only using the best chicken breasts in there frozen uncooked chicken, they do not add anything other than chicken.

there CEO states this as a fact on his blog and its something they are extremly proud of.

people just like to post BS rumours

Caporegime
you are so far off the mark it made me smile.

cant be as far off the mark of the people in this thread claiming iceland chicken is bulked up with water and salt and giving bad advice.

i think you will find your likely to find icelands uncooked chicken breasts are one of the best quality out of all the big name supermarkets.

a lot of icelands own makes are crap there uncooked chicken breasts is not one of them

Caporegime
Well if Iceland don't send you a £5 off voucher for their defence today ill be surprised: You earned it.

PS i got a chicken out this morning for dinner today, shock horror i bought it in Iceland !

Soldato
I know in America they have been known to wash the chicken carcasses in a solution based on Sodium Chloride or bleach. I know it was still banned in the European zone in 2008 but it looked like it would be lifted.

Correct.

Anyway back to the chicken girls! ;)

If the chicken hasn't been covered and protected from the air it could be frost burn (dehydration). Freezers are basicly very small, very well air conditioned spaces. They dry things out.

Colour is all about what the birds are fed. Think corn fed!

E.g.
Most UK chicken is light pink due to the feed. French chicken is milky because it has a lower cereal content food. It could be imported from the EU. Check the EEC code on the packaging.

Water bulked chicken (or basted as it's called :() has to be marked as such.

If that bothers you, don't even look into why some eggs have brighter yellow yolks ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom