ideas / help for lighting my case

Soldato
Hi all,

Just for a bit of fun really, I am interested in getting my case lit better. It has a window so I may as well make the most of it. Only want to spend around £20/£30 tops.

This is my case:

It already has a switchable 10 colour led power switch and ambient glow coming from the bottom front. I believe it has an internal connector allowing me to fit this expansion strip inside for 10 interior colour options:

The reason I am asking here is that I have a motherboard with a red led glow to it. I have also just ordered the MSI gaming X RX480 which is red themed and has red led on the underside. However, I find the red colour to be quite dim. I think red led is generally a dimmer colour than some of the others available, like white, purple or green.

So I'm not sure what to do. Can I mix another interior colour with red to get a different, brighter look? Obviously I'm stuck with the red motherboard and GPU now.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Soldato
Not sure if mixing colours is the best solution. Maybe just more red? Red LEDs are generally the dimmest of all colours but given the right LEDs you should get enough light.

Soldato
OP
I didn't really want just a huge block of red light shining out like a fog lamp.

I don't want this:

28c50a5c_vbattach186947.jpeg

Its like everything is just bathed in red, rather than being able to pick out distinction.

I prefer this:

LL

Because there is some distinction to the lines of the various components.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's worth noting that even the best lighting set-up can look a bit naff with the wrong photo, and that first photo isn't the best. Almost certainly looks better in real life. The second photo is using two different LED sources... there are x6 fans there with red LED's, and that rest appears to just be a single white LED strip. It's also a far better photo than the first one. Certainly achievable, but you may find if you go the LED fan route your £30 budget quickly vanishes.

Back
Top Bottom