Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
never thought about the heat aspect but will be doing some testing soon as holiday after tomorrow and some vegan bbqs planned :) my ex converts old plumbing things, big pot a tank again in copper, and I did the other round one, basically an old sink, I'm a tight git, top is
Copper fountain ex plumbing scrap converted to solar power with a cheapo ebay set, works great

Screenshot-20210607-151527-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot-20210607-150628-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Testing aside, it's going to roast your rear if you sit on it, literally... if you want to keep with the metal cover it with something so the sun isn't hitting it directly. I'd think that metal plant pots aren't going to do the root systems for your plants much good either if they're sitting in direct sun all day, unless you've lined them with something.

Soldato
I have a secondlife bag, I can't even find what was wrong with it and I've looked everytime I get it to use it (It's one of those bigger travel backpacks you can use as a suitcase of sorts and can attach a day bag to, can't remember what it's called). They seem to have those up on secondlife quite regularly, though newer versions now of course. I'd have had my other bags from secondlife as well if they were an option when I got them.

That's good to know, I think i'll pick up one of their duffel bags if they ever go on that. Could do with a big one to save carrying two bags when traveling. The fact you can carry them as a back pack as well is a game changer for moving around cities. Ah the joys of when we use to be able to travel.

Man of Honour
I have a secondlife bag, I can't even find what was wrong with it and I've looked everytime I get it to use it (It's one of those bigger travel backpacks you can use as a suitcase of sorts and can attach a day bag to, can't remember what it's called). They seem to have those up on secondlife quite regularly, though newer versions now of course. I'd have had my other bags from secondlife as well if they were an option when I got them.
Farpoint 55? I think that's basically a 40L with a 15L which attaches to it.

I have a Farpoint 40 but tend to use the Porter 30 a bit more as, when we do travel again, I want to really travel light. I might sell the FP 40 at some point as I have too many bags.

Associate

I have a Farpoint 40 but tend to use the Porter 30 a bit more as, when we do travel again, I want to really travel light. I might sell the FP 40 at some point as I have too many bags.

Think it's a Farpoint! But an 80 if I recall. I use it for lugging sports gear around or when I'm taking longer trips. I really prefer going through airports and such with a backpack, always have, and being able to take the daybag off is useful. So that does the trick. Has enough space for two people (if the second is being reasonable... :D ).

I have other bags for day walks or 1 or 2 night stays/camping out. My latest is an Archeon 30, it's not light but it's built well enough to last me a lifetime. May end up getting a 45!

Soldato
Your ex-gf still staying with you @moon man , or did you just get a crazy amount of labour out of her before you guys ended things? :p

Freind zone now, she's much more DIY than me, lives in Polruan

Table looks good, suits the garden. Some of these modern tables people spend thousands on are awful. Only downside of yours for me is no backs on the benches.
Possibility for a back to go on but based on a picnic bench tbh, but a possibility
Testing aside, it's going to roast your rear if you sit on it, literally... if you want to keep with the metal cover it with something so the sun isn't hitting it directly. I'd think that metal plant pots aren't going to do the root systems for your plants much good either if they're sitting in direct sun all day, unless you've lined them with something.
Time will tell, all well so far but see what happens was hoping the soil would insulate. Got another one in living room garden but these tolerate heat well tbh

IMG-20210607-182811.jpg

Can we stop and appreciate that view for a second? While getting our asses burnt? :D
Just what I do, going to grit my teeth and get rosey cheeks. :p

Soldato

That Porter looks awesome for going through the security. I like you have too many bags but similar to below I have certain bags for certain things. I got one of those daylite slings a while back for just carrying the random every day rubbish we need to carry now but disappointingly I can’t fit my bottle in it. Perfect for the every day walks with the dog though.

Think it's a Farpoint! But an 80 if I recall. I use it for lugging sports gear around or when I'm taking longer trips. I really prefer going through airports and such with a backpack, always have, and being able to take the daybag off is useful. So that does the trick. Has enough space for two people (if the second is being reasonable... :D ).

I have other bags for day walks or 1 or 2 night stays/camping out. My latest is an Archeon 30, it's not light but it's built well enough to last me a lifetime. May end up getting a 45!

I honestly don’t get people that use those bags with wheels, they’re just a nightmare. They trip over them, always find it hilarious when the wheels break, it’s always funnier when it’s in the city and not the airport though

Soldato
Nice places, but they get the heart ripped out of them with the second homes and holiday lets, stunning location though, the game of cones ice cream place made me chuckle :)

It's a funny one. When we moved to Fowey in '97 it was a tourist hotspot in the summer but a complete ghost town in the winter. One of the more famous restauranteurs had a place in the Canaries (IIRC) and split his time between the two during summer/winter.

Now, the town is busy all year round (COVID aside) and very few businesses (if any) close for the winter. It's true that there are more lifestyle/chain shops in the town now than there used to be. Dawn French leaving because it's gotten 'too trendy' made me laugh given how popular the place was with celebrities before she even moved to Fowey. It's a nightmare for locals to get on the property ladder unless they buy on the new housing estate on the edge of town. However, I'm not sure if the place is any 'worse' now than it was 20 years ago, it's just different.

Man of Honour
I honestly don’t get people that use those bags with wheels, they’re just a nightmare. They trip over them, always find it hilarious when the wheels break, it’s always funnier when it’s in the city and not the airport though
I can see the point of the smaller ones. It saves having a heavy bag if you are only walking between taxi and airport. But I'm done with large bags now. I just want to travel light. We were planning a long distance trip for 2020 and will re-book it for 2022. Even for that I'll aim to take only one 30L or 40L backpack. Unfortunately I can predict what will happen; my wife will expect me to pull her big heavy bag because I'll have both hands free and she's quite petite.

the onebag subreddit is quite good for looking into bags and reducing packing size.

Associate
never thought about the heat aspect but will be doing some testing soon as holiday after tomorrow and some vegan bbqs planned :) my ex converts old plumbing things, big pot a tank again in copper, and I did the other round one, basically an old sink, I'm a tight git, top is
Copper fountain ex plumbing scrap converted to solar power with a cheapo ebay set, works great

With scrap copper fetching £5,500 - £5,750 per tonne you could always take it to the scrapyard and buy something that you can sit on in the sun without fear of burns :D

Soldato
Exceptional choice! The upgrade over the regular Weber is well worth it. Cleaning out is the easiest thing ever.

Looking forward to getting it set up this weekend. Need to buy a few more bits for it such as a cover and the charcoal starting set but it seemed like a good choice. Got it a little bit cheaper than the RRP so that was a bonus

Anyone fancy some burnt beyond recognition burgers and sausages? :p

Soldato
Looking forward to getting it set up this weekend. Need to buy a few more bits for it such as a cover and the charcoal starting set but it seemed like a good choice. Got it a little bit cheaper than the RRP so that was a bonus

Anyone fancy some burnt beyond recognition burgers and sausages? :p
Mate, you have a GBS. You really need to up your game beyond dodgy burgers and sausages. :p (Rib eye is my go to now!)

Avoid the Weber BBQ cover, apparently it is expensive and garbage. I was going to link the one I got (a Cadac 57cm) but it looks like the product has changed from what it was. Generic 57cm covers on Amazon are more than adequate tho (£20 - 4 years old now).

Don't be a savage like my neighbour and leave it uncovered :p

Soldato
Mother's first smartphone. Going to be a lot of frustration trying to show her how to use it. Of course she will have to pop into EE and have her old style sim transferred to a nano-sim first. Try explaining that to someone with absolutely zero knowledge of phones and computers.

qulqMiJh.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom