Indeed app - garbage?

Soldato
Does anyone use the Indeed app when searching for jobs? Do you find it rubbish?

My biggest gripe is not being able to mark jobs as ‘read’, so I always go to search and it says ‘x new’ but you click into it and it’s stuff you’ve already seen.

Interested in experiences of people who use it as an employer too.

Man of Honour
I find indeed pretty rubbish from what I remember but I find most job boards annoying as you can't really filter the way you want. That would be annoying though if you've already disregarded that role.

Man of Honour
Indeed was the best job search tool when I was using it more seriously (about 10 years ago), I just used the website though not an app. Since then all my jobs have come via LinkedIn.

Soldato
OP
Still rubbish. If you sort jobs into dare order you would think that would be a fixed order. If you go back into the app later and again sort by date order it shows you stuff in a different order with new ads you hadn’t seen before in between ones you had seen. Proper trash.

Soldato
OP
Mind boggles why you use it, I just load the website, really not complicated
The website is **** too!

Edit - it has the exact same problem. List of jobs sorted by date. How can there be a 'new' job beneath one I visited ages ago? I definitely didn't see the new one before.

Screenshot-2024-03-07-at-13-15-26.png

The website also kept losing my 'recent searches'.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What is the purpose of the app beyond the functionality already offered on the website?
There isn’t much TBH but I prefer the way in the app the list of ads fills the full screen until you click an ad. On the website the last ad you clicked or first in the list is the main part of the screen while the actual list of ads is squeezed into a narrow column.

Last edited:
Associate
its confusing, it adds new jobs onto the top of whatever new page you're refreshing. (Have a moan on it's trustpilot site if you don't like it- they might listen)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom