• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Intel i7 4790K Owners thread***

Caporegime
i have to fight the urge!!!

think skylake,think skylake:p

i have no room either im full with bits n bobs lying around i need a clearout

i could delid it n sell it back to you? haha
Lol, least if i did delid one and mess it up, ive got a spare. Tbh i should maybe have just stuck with the old one. Though it was toasty even in games. Think this one will run much cooler for that use. Real bench run on the 4790k @4.5ghz. Cpu fans on max speed of 2350 rpm.

fxzEw5B.png

Cpu cache on theese must default higher as it's the only explanation i can think of for the higher score. The run i posted above was 4.5 cpu and XMP on ram, same as just now. 2400mhz, 10-11-11-31, 2T.

Last edited:
Associate
Glad I just picked up 2nd hand 3960x.

Pity these chips didn't live up to the hype.

They might not live up to what intel said 5ghz + on air but at end of the day people that had the i7 4770k that could not get past 4.2ghz these are a nice upgrade. Seems like the dc chips hitting 4.7ghz a lot which is nice overclock.

Myself little disappointed because I really wonted dc to be a beast of an overclocker but seems like for me not worth upgrade because I have a i7 4770k that clocks to 4.7ghz stable.

Caporegime
They might not live up to what intel said 5ghz + on air but at end of the day people that had the i7 4770k that could not get past 4.2ghz these are a nice upgrade. Seems like the dc chips hitting 4.7ghz a lot which is nice overclock.

Myself little disappointed because I really wonted dc to be a beast of an overclocker but seems like for me not worth upgrade because I have a i7 4770k that clocks to 4.7ghz stable.

they was never going to be 5ghz plus on air. if they was going to be that intel would have been screaming all over the net at how much faster they where.

as with anything if people are screaming about their own product and others are you know its good . when they are quiet about it especially at launch you know why ;).

really hope you get a good one setter i know your quest has been long :D

Associate
so i updated bio to see if that help and updated some program for the motherboard . bios for board is now f6 . I still really new to all this as never really had to overclock or change volt on a cpu before so any help welcomed . I will however say i find it really interesting :)

here what I got showing just now .

motherboard hardware monitor and realtemp and cpu-z

better pic of realtemp and cpu-z reading

motherboard auto tuning results

Edit...I have since follow what $ilent said to do in a mail on a other forum when I ask them how they sorted high stock voltage. Can put New pic of results later if people want to see

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom