Invincible

Associate
S2 has been very boring, but it’s the typical case of trying to do too much so you’re getting quantity over quality.

Caporegime
Season 1 had the Nolan mystery running throughout every episode. S2 doesn't really have any central story like that.
Season 1 had the whole origin story vibe so the juggling his college/superhero lives was expected. in S2 it's a bit jarring and repetitive.
I binged S1 iirc. S2 i've watched weekly and with a huge gap mid season.

Still, S2 has Alan.

rp2000

Associate
I really enjoyed season 1 and wasn't really enjoying the 1st couple of episodes of season 2, so stopped watching every week at least now I can marathon through it all I guess.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Rubbish final episode. Good thing a 3rd season has already been ordered as today's episode barely clears up any storylines.

rp2000

I didn't dislike this season but agree it could have driven the story a little further but I still really enjoyed it. Hopefully this arc picks up.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That was a pretty poor final episode for the season… the villain was insanely hammy, going through the portals quickly became silly, and I didn’t buy all the grief that Invincible went through towards the end - what choice did he have, really?!

I like the show despite it being too slow at times but that was a very underwhelming send off.

Soldato
It wasn’t the best of endings, but still really enjoyable stuff at times. I’ve read that series 3 won’t be such a long wait as the gap between 1 and 2, so that’s good. But I was late to the Invincible party anyway :)

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
The way I see it, season 2 is a "world-building" situation where its leading up to the main arc of the story(Viltrumite war) and of course in terms of character development for Mark and:
The build up to his relationship with Eve.
I semi-enjoyed season 2 but it was definitely slow and Amazon were stupid to put some mid-season break in a animated show.

Last edited:
Soldato
wow...dint realise that was the last episode, all that time for only 8 episodes with a a couple months break mid season?..at least 60% was just him sorting relationship stuff.

Caporegime
Also, a bit too "meta" last couple of episodes

The jokes last week about animation taking a long time and tricks used in production. This week with the Spider-man/Doc Oc and Batman jokes.

Maybe Amazon will surprise us and drop season 3 by the end of this year, and show it weekly without a mid season break.....!

rp2000

Soldato
Also, a bit too "meta" last couple of episodes

The jokes last week about animation taking a long time and tricks used in production. This week with the Spider-man/Doc Oc and Batman jokes.

Maybe Amazon will surprise us and drop season 3 by the end of this year, and show it weekly without a mid season break.....!

rp2000
They can sod off with weekly too, leave it up to the viewer to decide their own viewing habits! I don’t tend to binge, but prefer every other day to watch an episode or so. Having it weekly to me just means the ‘release date’ is 8-10 weeks later than they say.

I guess a lot of services reverting to weekly is to retain customers for at least a month more of subs, but it grinds my gears!

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato

rp2000

I was a bit surprised too, I was thinking

DC / Marvel lawsuit incoming :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Season finale was quite good, as above, setting up the war.

But overall S2 has been a slog, especially with the gap between episodes - really killed the flow.

Soldato
I didn't even realise that was the final episode, the entire season has been a bit lacklustre tbh.

It felt more like an episode leading into a mid season break.

Back
Top Bottom