iPhone 15 photo help

Associate
Getting good photos from an Iphone, what is the trick? note I am not an Apple user and I am not Apple bashing here, my daughter recently switched from a Flip4 to a Iphone 15 Plus and her main complaint is that she can’t seem to get a decent photo out of the thing, compared to her old phone, they always seem to have a bit of blur etc. thinking it was just her memory playing tricks on her we compared it to our S20 Ultra and sure enough the 4yr old Samsung came out on top.

Internets would suggest the iPhone is good at photos, so can only assume we are missing something, or have some setting set on the Iphone that is making it poor. I think the only shot that came out better than the S20 was the recent snow where the Samsung was a bit blown out on the white stuff.

I have had a look at the camera app on her 15 and don’t really see a vast array of things I can change but as mentioned, I have no history of iOS usage, none of us do, so we may be missing something that's obvious to others, had a quick look at the online manual from apple and nothing jumped out at me, what could we be overlooking?

Associate
Getting good photos from an Iphone, what is the trick? note I am not an Apple user and I am not Apple bashing here, my daughter recently switched from a Flip4 to a Iphone 15 Plus and her main complaint is that she can’t seem to get a decent photo out of the thing, compared to her old phone, they always seem to have a bit of blur etc. thinking it was just her memory playing tricks on her we compared it to our S20 Ultra and sure enough the 4yr old Samsung came out on top.
!st mistake buying an iphone 15, trade it in for a samsung

Associate
OP
I think she just needs to deal with it, learn some patience, she whips the phone out and fires as if she is trying to sneak a picture and I don't think that style works, otherwise she is really happy with being on iOS matching her friends and tablet etc.

I did wonder if we just bought a bit too low end and iPhone but really I think it's just technique.

Man of Honour
The processing on iPhones is different to Samsung, especially the latest OneUI versions which lean more on pleasing results than the oversaturated sharpness of old.

Sounds like some options are turned off on the iPhone or the camera just isn't in the correct mode? It's usually the Pro/Max iPhones that get the best camera results as well btw.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
There’s a dedicated iPhone 15 thread in the Apple forum where you may get more help. Indoors in average lighting iPhones seems to use 1/50 shutter speed, which isn’t that fast. If the subject is moving a lot there will be some motion blur.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Didn't even notice an Apple section :rolleyes: but yup blur is the issue exactly as mentioned indoor in poor light, perhaps I'll find some tips in there as she's not impressed.

Back
Top Bottom